TONGUE SCRAPING VS BRUSHING
- Shut Up and Kiss Me. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;5/1/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on Colgate 360Â°, a toothbrush that includes a tongue cleaner. The toothbrush can remove up to 96 percent more bad breath bacteria. It also contains specially tapered bristles.
- CAVITATION - POWER BRUSHES. Price, Lea S.; Walmsley, G. // Perio Reports Newsletter;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Presents a study on cavitation activity around the heads of power toothbrushes. Source of cavitation; Brands of toothbrushes used in the study; Clinical implications of the results.
- Interdental Cleaning Range from Periproducts. // Positive Health;Jun2005, Issue 112, p7
Focuses on products launched by Periproducts to reach the places that a toothbrush cannot. Pro Flosser; Denti-Styx; Denti-Brushes; Oolitt Tongue Cleanser; Contact information.
- product report. Conaty, Joe // Access;May/Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
Introduces various dental hygiene products. Mouth rinses; Toothbrushes; Tooth whitening products.
- CRESTÂ® SPINBRUSH PRO. Williams, K.; Ferrante, A.; Dockter, K.; Haun, J.; Biesbrock, A.; Bartizek, R. // Perio Reports Newsletter;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Discusses research being done on the dental plaque removal effectiveness of using an electric toothbrush over a manual toothbrush. Reference to a study by K. Williams et al published in a 2004 issue of "Journal of Periodontology"; Use of a disclosing solution in each tooth brushing session;...
- Electric toothbrushes not always better. // British Dental Journal;5/14/2005, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p527
Reports that manual toothbrushes are as good as electric toothbrushes, according to a study published by the Cochrane Library in Great Britain. Level of plaque manual toothbrushes can remove; Consideration of the electric toothbrush with rotating-oscillating head as more effective compared to...
- Efficacy of Chlorhexidine-Coated Toothbrush Filaments in Controlling Bacterial Contamination. Turner, L.; McCombs, G. B.; Hynes, W.; Tolle, S. L. // Journal of Dental Hygiene;Winter2007, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p16
Objective. The purpose of this study was to determine if a significant difference exists in the efficacy of chlorhexidine-coated brush filaments as compared to uncoated filaments in reducing bacterial numbers. Methods. The IRB-approved, 2-group, double-blind, randomized posttest-only design was...
- Oral hygiene products: potential for harm to oral and systemic health? // British Dental Journal;2/14/2009, Vol. 206 Issue 3, p151
'...nonjuxtaposition of logic with biologic'.
- The Electric Toothbrush. Strass, Peggy; Kutscher, Austin H.; Zegarelli, Edward V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sept1966, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p567
Examines the use of an automatic toothbrush in hygienic maintenance of the oral cavity. Aim of the study to identify the youngest age at which the automatic toothbrush might be adequately handled with reasonable effectiveness; Detection of the possibility of teaching children to use the...