TONGUE SCRAPING VS BRUSHING
- Shut Up and Kiss Me. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;5/1/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on Colgate 360Â°, a toothbrush that includes a tongue cleaner. The toothbrush can remove up to 96 percent more bad breath bacteria. It also contains specially tapered bristles.
- The Electric Toothbrush. Strass, Peggy; Kutscher, Austin H.; Zegarelli, Edward V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sept1966, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p567
Examines the use of an automatic toothbrush in hygienic maintenance of the oral cavity. Aim of the study to identify the youngest age at which the automatic toothbrush might be adequately handled with reasonable effectiveness; Detection of the possibility of teaching children to use the...
- CAVITATION - POWER BRUSHES. Price, Lea S.; Walmsley, G. // Perio Reports Newsletter;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Presents a study on cavitation activity around the heads of power toothbrushes. Source of cavitation; Brands of toothbrushes used in the study; Clinical implications of the results.
- Interdental Cleaning Range from Periproducts. // Positive Health;Jun2005, Issue 112, p7
Focuses on products launched by Periproducts to reach the places that a toothbrush cannot. Pro Flosser; Denti-Styx; Denti-Brushes; Oolitt Tongue Cleanser; Contact information.
- Fun oral hygiene. // British Dental Journal;12/25/2004, Vol. 197 Issue 12, p767
This article reports that the British Dental Health Foundation has a range of brightly colored hygiene demonstrators to help get the oral health message across. The demonstrators can capture the imagination of children in order for the oral health educator to demonstrate brushing and flossing...
- CRESTÂ® SPINBRUSH PRO. Williams, K.; Ferrante, A.; Dockter, K.; Haun, J.; Biesbrock, A.; Bartizek, R. // Perio Reports Newsletter;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Discusses research being done on the dental plaque removal effectiveness of using an electric toothbrush over a manual toothbrush. Reference to a study by K. Williams et al published in a 2004 issue of "Journal of Periodontology"; Use of a disclosing solution in each tooth brushing session;...
- Oral hygiene products: potential for harm to oral and systemic health? // British Dental Journal;2/14/2009, Vol. 206 Issue 3, p151
'...nonjuxtaposition of logic with biologic'.
- Liverwurst kisser. // Fab;2/25/2009, Issue 367, p29
The article offers information on bad breath and its causes, featuring TheraBreath products and Halimeter measuring device of bad breath expert Dr. Harold Katz. It presents the author's experience of meeting Dr. Katz to investigate the efficacy of the products. It states that dry mouth stops...
- Aging population adds oral care niche. // Drug Store News;6/25/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p112
The article offers information regarding oral health for elder people in the U.S. It mentioned that there are 400 medications can contribute to dry mouth, which leads to chronic halitosis or bad breath. However, manufacturers are developing specific oral care treatment and encourages retailers...