TONGUE SCRAPING VS BRUSHING
- Shut Up and Kiss Me. Grossberger, Lewis // MediaWeek;5/1/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on Colgate 360Â°, a toothbrush that includes a tongue cleaner. The toothbrush can remove up to 96 percent more bad breath bacteria. It also contains specially tapered bristles.
- Interdental Cleaning Range from Periproducts. // Positive Health;Jun2005, Issue 112, p7
Focuses on products launched by Periproducts to reach the places that a toothbrush cannot. Pro Flosser; Denti-Styx; Denti-Brushes; Oolitt Tongue Cleanser; Contact information.
- Electric toothbrushes not always better. // British Dental Journal;5/14/2005, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p527
Reports that manual toothbrushes are as good as electric toothbrushes, according to a study published by the Cochrane Library in Great Britain. Level of plaque manual toothbrushes can remove; Consideration of the electric toothbrush with rotating-oscillating head as more effective compared to...
- MOUTH HYGIENE HABITS AND THEIR RELATION TO PERIODONTAL DISEASE. SANJANA, M. K.; MEHTA, F. S.; DOCTOR, R. H.; BARETTO, M. A. // Journal of Dental Research;Aug1956, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p645
The article presents a study examining the relation between oral hygiene habits and the occurrence of periodontal disease. The elements of oral hygiene examined include the usage of toothbrushes and dentifrices. The individuals studied as part of the research are described, noting that they...
- Brush with greatness. Sullivan, Dana // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p73
Focuses on a review of studies about toothbrushes. Benefits of using a motorized toothbrush with bristles; Possible reason behind the advantages of brushes that rotate and oscillate according to Richard Niederman, director of the DSM-Forsyth Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry in Boston,...
- The Electric Toothbrush. Strass, Peggy; Kutscher, Austin H.; Zegarelli, Edward V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sept1966, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p567
Examines the use of an automatic toothbrush in hygienic maintenance of the oral cavity. Aim of the study to identify the youngest age at which the automatic toothbrush might be adequately handled with reasonable effectiveness; Detection of the possibility of teaching children to use the...
- CAVITATION - POWER BRUSHES. Price, Lea S.; Walmsley, G. // Perio Reports Newsletter;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Presents a study on cavitation activity around the heads of power toothbrushes. Source of cavitation; Brands of toothbrushes used in the study; Clinical implications of the results.
- Fun oral hygiene. // British Dental Journal;12/25/2004, Vol. 197 Issue 12, p767
This article reports that the British Dental Health Foundation has a range of brightly colored hygiene demonstrators to help get the oral health message across. The demonstrators can capture the imagination of children in order for the oral health educator to demonstrate brushing and flossing...
- product report. Conaty, Joe // Access;May/Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
Introduces various dental hygiene products. Mouth rinses; Toothbrushes; Tooth whitening products.