DI As Workflow
- Los productos de animaciÃ³n japoneses como expresiÃ³n de un modelo de negocio. el caso de la producciÃ³n "anime". Ortiz Sobrino, Miguel Ángel; Rodríguez Fernández, Iván // ComunicaciÃ³n y Hombre;nov2012, Vol. 8, p141
"Anime" is an audiovisual animation style which is closely related to modern manga. The production of "anime" formats is not exclusive, nowadays, to Japan and Japanese production companies. His aesthetic has been taken by other modern cultural manifestations, which has contributed to its...
- Creature feature. McEachern, Martin // Computer Graphics World;Oct2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p34
This article presents information on animation in motion pictures. In 1979, director Ridley Scott terrified movie-goers with his horror classic about an alien that gestates in a human host. Since then, the Alien film series has earned a venerable reputation in science fiction by adhering to a...
- Animating Our World. Graf, Christine // Appleseeds;May/Jun2008, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p10
The article presents information on the history of animation. Humans were animating drawings long before paper even existed. Four thousand years ago, an Egyptian artist experimented with animation on a wall decoration. However, it wasn't until the 1820s, that things really began to move along in...
- The Samurai Critic: Reviews of this month's hot new anime titles on DVD. Solomon, Charles // Animation;Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p18
Reviews several animated motion pictures on DVD format. "Rurouni Kenshin Economy Box TV Season 1"; "Wolf's Rain Complete Collection Limited Edition Box Set"; "Saikano: The Complete Box Set."
- STEP by STEP. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the production of the animated film "Madame Tutli-Putli" using eye mapping effects. The film is created through stop-motion puppets with black tracking dots in the center of vacant eye sockets. The puppets are lighted by spinning wheel-like device that produce variation of...
- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- Today's Toons should draw praise. Kroyer, Bill; Weiss, Barry // Daily Variety;2/5/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 25, p15
Comments on the improvement of animation. Creation of the best animated feature category by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Competition between computer animation and traditional hand-drawn animation; Standards for animated films.
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.