HERO Animating A Whirlwind
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.
- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- PERFORMANCE CAPTURED. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
Describes the technical aspect of the motion picture "The Polar Express." Uniqueness of the technique used in the production of the film; Demand of the director for creativity; Host of option for the film's production approach. INSETS: Zemeckis On Performance Capture;The IMAX 3D Version.
- Oscar Goes to College. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p54
Features the winners of the Student Academy Award for animated films in the U.S. Description of the story behind the short films; Source of inspiration for the students' works; Titles of the animated films featured.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Zahed, Ramin // Animation;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The article presents the editor's view regarding the status of the animation industry. He thinks that the Association Internationale du Film d' Animation (ASIFA)-Hollywood's Annual Annie Awards in 2009 is inspiring in which the spirit of camaraderie and appreciation in the venue is brought by...
- ANIMAL WRANGLER. Docksey, Wayne // Sight & Sound;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
The article relates the author's experience with animated films. His first work as animator started when he was asked to supply animal animation for "All Creatures Great and Small." He also founded Animal Acting in 1979. Docksey's favorite animated film is "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves," which...
- Shorts Race Emerges as Sublime Global Sampler. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the impact of short animated films on the motion picture industry in the U.S. It states that short animated films offer opportunities to emerging and aspiring talents, test new techniques, and explore subjects that might be considered offbeat for more commercial films. The...
- Sending Out an S.O.S. Fry, Andy // Animation;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p38
The article reports on the unification of television animation producers to fight the animation crisis in Great Britain. Some of the major factors that cause the animation industry crisis include low-cost production, declination on local commissioning opportunities and animation exploitation....