- STEP by STEP. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p34
The article discusses the production of the animated film "Madame Tutli-Putli" using eye mapping effects. The film is created through stop-motion puppets with black tracking dots in the center of vacant eye sockets. The puppets are lighted by spinning wheel-like device that produce variation of...
- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.
- Today's Toons should draw praise. Kroyer, Bill; Weiss, Barry // Daily Variety;2/5/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 25, p15
Comments on the improvement of animation. Creation of the best animated feature category by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Competition between computer animation and traditional hand-drawn animation; Standards for animated films.
- BLURRING THE LINES. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;11/7/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 28, pA1
The article focuses on the important concepts of an animated film. It is mentioned that animation is made by people who create the illusion of movement on frame at a time, either with pen and ink or with stop-motion puppets. However, the results became harder to define with computer generated...
- Music for a Bright Tomorrow. // Animation;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p60
The article reviews the animated film "A Day With Wilbur Robinson."
- PERFORMANCE CAPTURED. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
Describes the technical aspect of the motion picture "The Polar Express." Uniqueness of the technique used in the production of the film; Demand of the director for creativity; Host of option for the film's production approach. INSETS: Zemeckis On Performance Capture;The IMAX 3D Version.
- HERO Animating A Whirlwind. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p48
Features the visual effects sequences of the motion picture "Hero." Animation on the supernatural whirlwind; Task for the animation team; Color change for the forest.