TOOL TIME AT PIXAR
- Animation in South Asia. Lent, John A. // Studies in South Asian Film & Media;Jan2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p101
Until recently, South Asian animation has lagged far behind that of other parts of Asia for lack of the technological, financial, and personnel infrastructure. This is still the situation in most of the region, with India an exception. What has happened in the development of Indian animation...
- ANIMATION. // Applied Arts Magazine;Jan/Feb2003 Awards Annual, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p60
Photographs of screen shots from television animation that made it as entries to the Applied Arts Design & Advertising Annual are presented.
- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.
- Today's Toons should draw praise. Kroyer, Bill; Weiss, Barry // Daily Variety;2/5/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 25, p15
Comments on the improvement of animation. Creation of the best animated feature category by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Competition between computer animation and traditional hand-drawn animation; Standards for animated films.
- PERFORMANCE CAPTURED. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
Describes the technical aspect of the motion picture "The Polar Express." Uniqueness of the technique used in the production of the film; Demand of the director for creativity; Host of option for the film's production approach. INSETS: Zemeckis On Performance Capture;The IMAX 3D Version.
- ANIMATION. GRAHAM, DON // American Artist;Dec1940, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p10
The article discusses a new approach in the art of animation that integrates time and space to a continuity of drawings for a story to be illustrated. The author describes that a limitation in animation was noted, for the order of drawings to be controlled so as to produce a flow of action that...
- Move with the times. Carson, Paula // Design Week;3/29/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p14
The article reports that the animation of the characters of illustrators will appeal to the commercial sector. There are a lot of changes in the traditional market for illustration. The commercial and entertainment industries will tap into the creative potential. They are putting pressure...