- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.
- HERO Animating A Whirlwind. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p48
Features the visual effects sequences of the motion picture "Hero." Animation on the supernatural whirlwind; Task for the animation team; Color change for the forest.
- Oscar Goes to College. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p54
Features the winners of the Student Academy Award for animated films in the U.S. Description of the story behind the short films; Source of inspiration for the students' works; Titles of the animated films featured.
- The Second Coming. Karren, Howard // Provincetown Arts;2011/2012, Vol. 26, p152
The article offers a look at animation in the U.S. film industry in the golden era. It states that the initial Golden Age of American Animation was introduced with the release of the film "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" in 1937. It mentions that the motion picture encouraged other film...
- Sending Out an S.O.S. Fry, Andy // Animation;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p38
The article reports on the unification of television animation producers to fight the animation crisis in Great Britain. Some of the major factors that cause the animation industry crisis include low-cost production, declination on local commissioning opportunities and animation exploitation....
- Shorts Race Emerges as Sublime Global Sampler. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Mar2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the impact of short animated films on the motion picture industry in the U.S. It states that short animated films offer opportunities to emerging and aspiring talents, test new techniques, and explore subjects that might be considered offbeat for more commercial films. The...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Zahed, Ramin // Animation;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The article presents the editor's view regarding the status of the animation industry. He thinks that the Association Internationale du Film d' Animation (ASIFA)-Hollywood's Annual Annie Awards in 2009 is inspiring in which the spirit of camaraderie and appreciation in the venue is brought by...