HAIR WITH CARE
- The Three R's of New Year's. London, Robby // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the three R for the New Year for the animation sector in the U.S. Reflection on the events in 2004; Suggested New Year's resolutions; Rejoicing in the success of the animated film industry.
- Not So Cozy Anymore. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the problems of the animation industry in Great Britain. Competition with animators from other parts of the world; Insufficient funding.
- Today's Toons should draw praise. Kroyer, Bill; Weiss, Barry // Daily Variety;2/5/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 25, p15
Comments on the improvement of animation. Creation of the best animated feature category by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences; Competition between computer animation and traditional hand-drawn animation; Standards for animated films.
- Out Of The Ghetto: Animators As Directors. Falcone, Frank // SHOOT;6/29/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p4
Focuses on the significance of animation in the motion picture industry. Misconceptions on animation; Perceptions on animated characters; Need for animation directors to create mature animated films to gain credibility.
- Music for a Bright Tomorrow. // Animation;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p60
The article reviews the animated film "A Day With Wilbur Robinson."
- HERO Animating A Whirlwind. Wolff, Ellen // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p48
Features the visual effects sequences of the motion picture "Hero." Animation on the supernatural whirlwind; Task for the animation team; Color change for the forest.
- PERFORMANCE CAPTURED. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p18
Describes the technical aspect of the motion picture "The Polar Express." Uniqueness of the technique used in the production of the film; Demand of the director for creativity; Host of option for the film's production approach. INSETS: Zemeckis On Performance Capture;The IMAX 3D Version.
- In search of the real stories behind summer's vfx peacocks. Grove, Chris // Animation;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p52
Reports developments in the production of animated films in the U.S. Use of technology to create quality films; Number of shots contributed by Digital Dimension Inc. to the motion picture "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"; Prevalence of animators using technology in making animated films.
- Oscar Goes to College. Wolff, Ellen // Animation;Aug2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p54
Features the winners of the Student Academy Award for animated films in the U.S. Description of the story behind the short films; Source of inspiration for the students' works; Titles of the animated films featured.