VoIP: A New Marketing Challenge
- SO CLOSE, SO FAR. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;01/28/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 3, p27
Comments on the telecommunications tool voice over IP (VoIP) in the United States. Purpose of VoIP; Description of money takers in the market.
- Changing Competition. O'Keele, Sue // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2004, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p6
Comments on the trend of voice over Internet telephony (VoIP) in the U.S. Rise in the number of new providers entering the VoIP market; Usage of VoIP in business transactions; Role of VoIP in telecommunications.
- Red Cube Fills in Blanks For U.S. Entry. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;07/24/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p5
Reports on the marketing campaign of Swiss telecom startup Red Cube in the United States using its logo to build awareness for cheap Internet-based voice calls and messaging services. Advertising agency of the company; Areas where the company had its guerrilla marketing stints; Joint venture of...
- Managing VoIP for quality. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the increase in the usage of voice over the Internet (VoIP). Benefits in using VoIP; Changes in the system; Assumption of the dominance of the system in transporting voice.
- Can IP Save The World? Chapman, John // Telephony;12/11/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 24, p68
Focuses on the importance of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology. Benefits of VoIP to companies; Requirements before offering VoIP service; Information on the prerequisites of creating a VoIP technology.
- The eve of disruption. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p30
Reports that speakers at the March 2001 Voice on the Net conference in Phoenix, Arizona are predicting the end of traditional telephony business due to end-to-end voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Impact of a tight capital market; Importance of voice; Opportunities in the VoIP market; How to...
- Transforming The ILECs--Part III. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p13
Part III. Focuses on the challenges faced by local exchange telecommunication carriers in the U.S. Increase of voice over internet protocol competition; Overall structure of the telecommunications industry; Maintenance of reliable transport services.
- Think About It. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the benefits of the Internet technology on telecommunication industry. Accounts on the investment increase for public telecommunication equipment; Effectiveness of the Internet in delivering business transactions; Impact of digital subscriber line technology on service providers.
- International Routes Show Strong Potential. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p24
Highlights the impact of Internet telephony (IP) on the business model of traditional telecommunication operators who are reluctant to cannibalize their revenues from existing services. What should be done by traditional carriers, according to a report by Analysys Ltd., a Cambridge, United...