Arris Prefers TI for VoIP Gear
- New E-MTA Sports 20-hour Battery Backup. // Communications Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p46
The article presents information on a new Touchstone Telephony Modem 402, introduced by the company ARRIS. It provides high-speed data access and two lines of voice over internet telephony. One innovative feature of the new E-MTA is its Lithium-Ion battery, which enables up to 20 hours of...
- OUTSIDE THE BOX. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;3/25/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p38
Introduces the Touchstone Telephony Modem from Arris. Features of the modem; Details of the modem's capacity; Price.
- Next-gen CMTS. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the launch of Release 3.0 of the Cadant C4 CMTS for voice and data over HFC networks by ARRIS. Enhanced scalability; Hardware-based wire-speed Layer 3 Internet protocol (IP) routing performance; Fault-tolerant operation with system control complex redundancy; Enhanced network...
- NET2PHONE, ARRIS TARGET SECOND-TIER CABLE WITH VOIP. // Telephony;12/16/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the technology merger between voice-over-IP (VoIP) vendor Arris and Net2Phone. Management of end-to-end VoIP networks to second-and third-tier cable operators; Enhancement of VoIP products into an integrated network; Use of Net2Phone's basic telephony skills to manage the networks.
- Arris Answers Phone With Comcast, Adelphia Orders. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p34
Presents information on orders secured by Arris from Comcast and Adelphia Communications for its Cadant C4 cable modem termination system (CMTS). Features of the C4 CMTS; Applications in Internet Protocol telephony; Importance of keeping a system's mean time to repair down.
- Texas Instruments offers voice-enabled cable modem. // CED;Jan2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the introduction of a complete voice-enabled cable modem by Texas Instruments Inc.
- TI Says Time to Rev Up Throughput Turbocharger. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;4/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p29
Reports the launching of TurboDox modem accelerator firmware by Texas Instruments Inc. in Dallas, Texas. Features of the cable modem products; Advantages of the device; Increase of broadband speeds.
- TI introduces new DSL technology. // CED;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the release of a high-speed line-driver and receiver systems designed to CPE modems used in asynchronous data subscriber line (ADSL) broadband communications by Texas Instruments. Capability of the product to decrease the noise floor of the downstream signal; Improvement of data...
- Turbo-charging DOCSIS. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
Introduces the DOCSIS cable modems from Texas Instruments (TI) Inc. Features of the modems; Services offered by the company; Contribution of TI to the broadband industry.