WITH DIGITAL SIMULCASTS HOT, A LOOK AT THE HOW AND WHY
- KNIGHTS of the Technology Roundtable. // CED;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p34
Interviews several cable company executives about the state of the industry in the United States. Digital simulcast deployments; Factors affecting the simulcast of analog channel; Expectations on all-digital set-top; Analog spectrum reclamation.
- Comcast Changes Cost ESPN Classic. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p14
Reports the decrease in the subscriber of the cable television network ESPN Classic in the U.S. Relocation of the digital service by Comcast Corp.; Standardization of the channel line-up; Assessment of the analog services.
- Come October, will the FCC go EASy? Hayes, Duffy // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p40
Reports the use of Emergency Alert System (EAS) digital system in cable television broadcast stations in the U.S. Compatibility of the system with the signal use by the National Weather Service; Need for headends to be upgrade to meet EAS requirements; Components of EAS system.
- Digital opens door to new nets. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;01/26/98, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p42
Presents information on the cable programming business while focusing on digital technology. Comments from Larry Petrella, senior media analyst with Lehman Brothers; Details on the increase in cable networks; Effect digital technology has on cable programming.
- N.Y. Ops Eye an Interactive Future. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p22
Focuses on the prediction for the availability of digital boxes in New York. Plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to switch advanced-analog boxes; Competition among companies in offering digital cable; Offer of video dial tone services by Time Warner Inc.
- Tauzin Mulls 'Hard' DTV Date. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p2
Reports the effort of implementing the 2006 deadline for television broadcasters to convert to digital transmission in the United States. Availability of digital television components at a reasonable and declining costs; Dispute over the cable carriage of digital signals; Reaction of cable...
- Cable Gets Ringed Up for Reliability. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p40
The article focuses on fiber ring, long used by U.S. cable operators to funnel data services and even voice across their networks. Fiber rings are now gaining ground as a transport conduit for video. Compared to traditional video-star infrastructure, in which fiber lines run out from central...
- Hey, Dan, Who's the New Guy? Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;04/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p10
Cites developments concerning the United States cable and digital television industries as of April 17, 2000. Fund raising auction held at the Cable Television Public Affairs Association conference; Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) Local Cable Sales Management Conference in Orlando,...
- For The Record. // Multichannel News;04/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p64
Cites developments concerning the United States cable television and communications industries as of April 17, 2000. Curt Hockemeier's resignation as AT&T Broadband's president and chief operating officer of telephony on April 21, 2000; SeaChange International Inc.'s agreement with DiviCom Inc....