- At NCTA, New Ad Strategies. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the concerns expressed by panelists at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana about the impact of adoption of direct video recorders (DVR) and video-on-demand services on cable advertising revenues. Comments from Kevin Leddy, senior vice president of product development at Time...
- Adding Advertising in An On-Demand World. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p48
Discusses plans to put targeted advertising in video-on-demand (VOD) subscriptions. Information on the shotgun approach on advertising; Remarks from Stephen McHale, Everstream chairman and chief executive officer; Plans of nCube to demonstrate the advertisement-supported VOD platform.
- DirecTV Rolls Out VOD. Thoma Umstead, R. // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p6
The article reports the El Segundo, California-based DirecTV Inc. is preparing to launch a service that will give basic-cable networks their own dedicated channels for programming delivered on-demand to viewers. The Food Network and Discovery Channel are among the programming services that are...
- Another Hawaiian Edge: Cable's Great. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p74
Focuses on the status of digital cable television programming in Hawaii. Introduction of video-on-demand and pizza-on-demand services by Oceanic Cable; Offer of special programming packages by direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers; Effect of limited direct-home penetration of satellite...
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- Cablers Grapple With DVR, VOD. Arlen, Gary // Video Store Magazine;5/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10
Reports on issues discussed at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association convention held in New Orleans in May 2004 with emphasis on the integration of technologies into the cable television industry. Effects of digital video recorders on the advertising plans of companies; Focus of...
- Looking for VOD's Guardian Angel. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the importance of the use of video-on-demand in advertising to media service organizations. Actions taken by the cable industry; Popularity of digital video recorders and high-definition television; Factors that hinder the progress of video-on-demand.
- On-Demand Ads Slip Into Content's Clothing. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p19
The article reports on the changes in television advertising in the U.S. Video-on-demand programmers are employing the art of weaving promotional messages and cable operators are trying to expand the reach of their advertisers' longer-form, on-demand showcases. Their goal is to break VOD...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...