Climbing Out of The Abyss
- 2 tapped to lead Adelphia. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/21/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 50, p8
Reports that after a week of negotiations, the bankrupt U.S. cable operator Adelphia Communications has appointed former AT&T cable executives Bill Schleyer as chairman and chief executive officer and Ron Cooper as president and chief operating officer. Reputation of the two men in the...
- 'Not An Easy Task.' Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p38
Discusses issues related to Adelphia Communications Corp. Impact of the company's pending bankruptcy on the cable industry; Effort of chief executive officer Bill Schleyer to recover from bankruptcy; Cooperation between Schleyer and chief operating officer Ron Cooper to save the company.
- IT'S A DEAL. Figler, Andrea; Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);1/20/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the decision of Adelphia Communications' board to approve its revised employment contracts with Bill Schleyer and Ron Cooper in 2003. Executive positions held by Schleyer and Cooper at the company; Details of the contract; Reasons of the shareholders for opposing the revised contract.
- Adelphia's Top Guys On Life in Hot Seats. // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p1
Presents an interview of Bill Schleyer and Ron Cooper, top executives of the U.S.-based company Adelphia Communications Corp. Efforts done by Schleyer and Cooper in bringing Adelphia out of bankruptcy; Reasons behind weak operating performance of the company; Factors that led to their visiting...
- Adelphia's For Sale, But It's All or Nothing. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the decision of Adelphia Communications to put its television business for sale. Statement issued by Adelphia CEO Bill Schleyer concerning the refusal of the company to divide it in several clusters; Companies interested in buying Adelphia; Views of creditors on the selling plan of...
- Schleyer in Adelphia Scrum. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the responsibilities of Bill Schleyer who got approval from a U.S. bankruptcy court judge to take charge of the management of Adelphia Communications Corp. Restoration of employee morale; Task to pacify Leonard Tow, one of the company's largest shareholders; Other responsibilities to...
- ADELPHIA GETS ITS MAN. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p5
Speculates on the appointment of Bill Schleyer as chief executive officer of cable operator Adelphia Communications. Issues that kept Schleyer from accepting the position; Problems faced by the operator.
- NOT SO FAST. Figler, Andrea; Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);1/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the plans of the board of directors of Adelphia Communications to meet on January 14, 2003 to alter a compensation package and then hire Bill Schleyer as chief executive officer despite efforts to stop them. Number of attorneys representing the bankrupt firm Adelphia; Result of the...
- Adelphia, Rigases Settle With SEC for $715M. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p54
Reports on the settlement to be paid by Adelphia Communications Corp. and Rigas family to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice regarding fraud charges in May 2005. Amount of the settlement to be paid by Adelphia; Remarks from Adelphia chairman and CEO...