- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- ESPN's sporting a night of originals. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/5/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the plan of cable television network ESPN to create a whole night of scripted series in the U.S. Details of the program involving film director Spike Lee; Plan of executive vice president Mark Shapiro on the programming of ESPN; Strategy of ESPN in commissioning original scripted films.
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p24
Presents updates related to cable television programs in the U.S. as of October 2004. Decision of TBS to sign a pair of production deals with Nash Entertainment and Coquette Productions; Ratings of Sci Fi Channel mini-series entitled "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars"; Airing of the second season...
- Program Deals. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p2
Presents an update on cable television programming deals in the U.S., as of October 25, 2005. Renewal of production contracts for science fiction TV programs "Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis"; Deals secured by Verizon Communications for 12 Spanish language networks on its FiOS TV;...
- England match gives ITV 61% share. Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);6/15/2000, p3
Reports on findings by Zenith Media on the market share of British network ITV during the England versus Portugal Euro 2000 football game on June 12, 2000. Market share; Number of viewers of games through ITV and British Broadcasting Corp.
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Wrestling, NFL get cable in headlock. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p3
Reports that professional wrestling and the National Football League football dominated cable ratings in the United States. Cable's recording of its highest primetime audience level; Statistics on audience share; Broadcasting network's recording of the lowest prime-time viewership; Increase in...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p3
Reports on developments in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2002. Revenue reported by Insight Communications Inc.; Decision of E! Entertainment television to end its talk show 'Talk Soup'; Contract obtained by Cox Cable to broadcast the games of the National Basketball...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.