HGTV's Holiday Cheer
- USA spicing up its new lineup. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p37
Discloses the television programming plans of USA Networks. Launching of several shows during the winter Television Critics Association press tour; Speculations on company head Stephen Chao's efforts to recreate his image during the 1980s; Launching of the `Happy Hour,' a retro-60s variety show.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/2/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 22, p23
Presents information on the cable television market of Norfolk, Virginia, as of June 2, 2003. List of the top commercial television stations in Norfolk; Information on the top television programs in Norfolk; Penetration rates of cable and direct broadcast system in the region.
- Summer Originals Face 'Survivor' Reality Check. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the television programming from the broadcast and cable networks in the United States during the summer of 2000. CBS Corp.'s `Survivor' and `Big Brother'; ABC Inc.'s `Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'; Showtime's `Resurrection Blvd.' and `Soul Food.'
- Cable coin pumps up hour power. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/27/96, Vol. 363 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on the 1996 trends in the syndication of television programs among cable television networks in the United States. Increase in the volume of programs and the coverage of primetime programming in the fall 1996 season; Television stations' reaction to sharing hour-long series with cable.
- Going to lengths to generate novel TV fare. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/15/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 12, p14
This article focuses on the viewership rating of various television programs in the U.S. Indeed it was the lackluster audience response to such shows as 'Are You Hot? 'All American Girl' and 'Married by America,' among others, that convinced Morten Aass he had made the right move in setting up...
- Emmy favors family fare. McLean, Thomas J. // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the commitment of Showtime network in airing family-oriented television programs. Nominations and awards received by the programs of the network at the Emmy awards; Information on its family fare programs; Significance of diversity in the television shows of the network.
- Helen of Troy finds home at USA, Fuel. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;3/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 10, p2
Reports the decision of USA Network to create a premier show on the life of Helen of Troy. Acceptance of Fuel Entertainment to produce the series; Distribution rights of USA Cable Entertainment; Writer and budget of the film.
- THE COMEBACK Network. Whitefield, Mimi // Hispanic;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7/8, p26
Focuses on the comeback of Telemundo television network after the decline in its viewership ratings from 1998 to 1999. Changes that the company instituted in the summer of 1999; Decision of Telemundo to acquire television stations in the United States to increase its reach among Hispanic...
- National Geo off to Africa for PBS. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;04/11/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 29, p13
Reports that National Geographic Television and New York-based WNET will co-produce 'Africa,' a television series on the nature and culture of the continent. Scheduled airing of the series; Multimedia used in the film's production; Internet and educational elements included in the series.