Lafayette, La., Overbuild Gets the Green Light
- La. Utility Polls on Overbuild. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the plan of Lafayette, Louisiana Utilities System, a municipal utility, to extend its business into broadband and video delivery. Services currently offered by the utility; Result of a poll asking business and residential consumers if they will patronize a municipally-run...
- Cox will help agencies link electronically. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Reports on Cox Communications agreement to the New Orleans City Council to provide a fiber optic network to the city. Benefits of computer network; Difference from previous network; Annual financing; Range of network.
- Future holds more than cable TV for Cox. Hart, Katherine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/96, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p6
Reports on Cox Communications' preparation for the telecommunications revolutions through diversifications and alliances. Contract with the US Navy to provide services among the former's three local installations; Pilot projects with Tulane University and Entergy; Alliance with Sprint Corp.,...
- Cox's Contour service makes entertainment personal. TOTTEN, KRISTY // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/23/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 38, pP10
The article reports on the launch of the Contour service by telecommunication provider Cox Communications in 2013.
- Rate hike feared in deregulated cable market. Volz, Matthew // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/05/99, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p49
Reports that Cox Communications has pledged that its rates will not change for the rest of 1999 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Regulation of cable rates.
- Early Start in Couring Businesses Pays Off for Cox. Neel, K. C. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
Reports that Cox Communications Inc. is probably the furthest along when it comes to offering voice, video and high-speed data services to both large and small companies. Reason for choosing Cox in the beginning; Revenue generated by the telecommunication businesses in Cox's franchise areas;...
- Level 3's Woes Not Likely To Douse Cox Data Service. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p31
Reports the threat to the data services of Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Financial difficulty of the service provider Level 3 Communications Inc.; Assessment of the backbone architecture; Management of the bandwidth.
- Cox Sees New Growth. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p48
Reports on the financial projections of Cox Communications Inc. for 2000. Expected growth of subscriber base and revenue; Provision of digital cable television, high-speed Internet, residential local and long-distance telephone and commercial voice and high-speed data services.
- Rockin' on the Outskirts of Cleveland. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p26
Features Cox Communications Inc. of Cleveland, Ohio. Factors that spur the daily operations of Cox Communications' system in Cleveland; Popular options for Cox Cleveland customers; Company's approach to cable business.