SEXUAL EFFECTS OF MEDICATIONS AND THEIR INTERACTION: IMPLICATION FOR MEN WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITIES OR CHRONIC ILLNESS
- VIAGRA REACTS WITH RITONAVIR. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p437
Reports on the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medical Products' warning to patients taking ritonavir that they should not use sildenafil, the erectile dysfunction medication commonly known as Viagra. Increase in plasma levels of Viagra when the two agents are taken together.
- Lower Viagra Dosage In Patients On Indinavir. // RN;Dec99, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p95
Deals with men suffering from erectile dysfunction. Effect of taking the protease inhibitor indinavir; Typical dose of sildenafil; Investigator's suggestion on patients taking indinavir.
- UK regulators revise warning for Glaxo's paroxetine. // PharmaWatch: CNS;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the efforts of various British health regulators to warn against the use of the paroxetine drugs as antidepressants. Factors influencing the increase on the level of suicidal case; Side effects of the drugs; Assessment on the response of the immune system from the treatment.
- More caution advised in using impotence drug Viagra. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Mar1999, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the United States Food and Drug Administration and Pfizer Inc. has issued a warning to physicians and patients to be more cautious in using the impotence drug Viagra. Number of men who have died shortly after taking the drug since the introduction of the drug in April 1998; Content...
- Love Potion No. 9.1. Cottle, Michelle // Washington Monthly;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the implications of the drug Viagra released by Pfizer pharmaceuticals. Statistics on erectile dysfunction; Age of majority of men suffering from erectile dysfunction according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH); Tendency of treating undesirable characteristics as a medical...
- Response to 'Vardenafil-Associated QTc Changes: Not Merely a Normal Autonomic Process'. Fossa, A A; Zhou, M // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Apr2012, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p580
A response by A. A. Fossa and M. Zhou to a letter to the editor about his article "Vardenafil-Associated QTc Changes: Not Merely a Normal Autonomic Process" in the 2011 issue, which discusses the associated QTc changes to vardenafil is presented.
- The New `Pill.'. // Heart & Soul;Sep/Oct98, Issue 29, p24
Presents information on Viagra, a drug for erectile dysfunction. Causes of impotency; Effectiveness of the drug; Side effects.
- Tadalafil (Cialis)for Erectile Dysfunction. Noviasky, John A.; Masood, Asif; Lo, Vincent // American Family Physician;7/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p359
Focuses on utilization of tadalafil, a reversible phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Dose-related side effects of the drug; Percentage of men in the tadalafil group who reported an erection suitable for insertion; Cost of the drug per dose.
- What goes up must come down. Gallagher, John // Advocate;06/23/98, Issue 762, p60
Warns gay men of the side effects of the anti-impotency pill Viagra. Method by which Viagra cures impotence; Other drugs for which Viagra is contraindicated; Includes protease inhibitors; Incidence of impotence among HIV-positive men; Viagra's futility as an aphrodisiac.