Adelstein a Lock To Retain His FCC Seat
- Let him in. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/22/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 30, p42
Editorial. Focuses on the challenges faced by the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Statement of senator John McCain on the issue about the Federal Communications Commission (FCC); Nomination of FCC commissioner Jonathan Adelstein by the White House; Endorsement of Adelstein by the Senate...
- Adelstein Speaks Out On Wireless. // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p11
Interviews Jonathan Adelstein, commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Issues in the wireless communication industry; Application of wireless communication in rural areas; Views on the Universal Service Fund. INSET: Modest Rise In Service Costs.
- Adelstein nomination to FCC moves forward. // RCR Wireless News;7/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p11
Focuses on the appointment of Jonathan Adelstein in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Background of Adelstein; Reason for the delay of his appointment in FCC; Problems facing the nomination of Adelstein in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
- Adelstein could break FCC impasse. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p3
Reports that the appointment of Jonathan Adelstein as the commissioner of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) might help in the resolution of various issues concerning the FCC. Complaint filed by an FCC affiliate regarding the violation of rules by television networks; Other issues...
- If he is confirmed by the Senate, what impact will Jonathan Adelstein have on the Federal Communications Commission? // America's Network;9/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 14, p13
Focuses on the impact of the appointment of Jonathan Adelstein on the development of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Career history; Contributions to the communications industry; Focus on universal service and rapid deployment of broadband.
- Adelstein Reveals Regulatory Philosophy. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the regulatory philosophy of U.S. Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein. His position on the report of the Spectrum Policy Task Force; Goals for the commission; Spectrum management issues to be addressed.
- FCC Finally Gets No. 5. // Wireless Week;11/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p4
Announces the confirmation of Jonathan Adelstein as commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Issue that delayed his nomination; His career background.
- McCain supports Powell. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;04/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p2
Reports on legislator John McCain's recommendation to the White House to retain Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Powell's contributions and achievements at the agency; End date of his current term.
- Jonathan Adelstein A Rural Voice at the FCC. Jenkins, Tennille // Rural Telecommunications;May/Jun2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Features Johathan Adelstein, commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Comimission. Goals of Adelstein; Rural commitments of Adlestein; Information on the portability issue of the Universal Service Fund. INSETS: About FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein;Adelstein's Spectrum 'Framework...