Buyout Trumped Cox Bid for Adelphia Assets
- Sagging Cable Stocks Get Welcome Lift. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p38
Reports on the rise in the prices of some United States cable television stocks between September 28 and October 4, 2000. Adelphia Communications Corp.; Charter Communications Inc.; Cox Communications; Comcast; Cablevision Systems Corp.
- A YEAR IN THE PENALTY BOX. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the decline of the stock prices of cable television companies in the U.S. for 2004. Percentage of the decline in the stocks of publicly traded multisystem operators; Stock performance of Cox Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp.; Decline in the stocks of Charter...
- PLAYING IT COOL. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/3/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p1
Deals with the list of potential bidders for Adelphia Communications Corp. Details on the withdrawal of Comcast Corp. bid for Walt Disney Co.; Plan of Cox Communications Inc. to purchase all assets of Adelphia; Information on the possibility for a Time Warner-Comcast buyout.
- ADELPHIA ADRIFT AS STOCK DROPS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/2/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 23, p17
Reports on the effects of the drop of share prices of cabler Adelphia Communications on its organization in Coudersport, Pennsylvania.
- ADELPHIA STOX SOCKED. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/1/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the low trading of the shares of family-controlled cable company Adelphia Communications by investors after a former subsidiary filed for bankruptcy. Percentage decline; Promise of chief financial officer Tim Rigas to disclose additional details of loans; Possibility of repaying 500...
- Adelphia shares fall as loss widens. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p59
Focuses on decline of share price of United States-based cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp.
- Debt reduction effort spurs Adelphia rise. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;4/8/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the increase in the shares of troubled Adelphia Communications following the cabler's hiring of a trio of investment banks to explore possible asset sales and other debt-reduction moves. Amount gained by the shares; Effect of the decline in stock price on shareholder lawsuits; Debt...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p26
Presents several news briefs related to telecommunication industry as of January 27, 2003. Launch of a content-based broadband Megaband by cable overbuilder RCN Corp. for its cable-modem subscribers; Deployment of an automation-support software by Cox Communications Inc. in its call centers;...
- L.A. Tweaks Program-Access Bill. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p28
Regulators in Los Angeles, California have narrowed the scope of the proposal designed to prevent cable operators from forging exclusive regional programming agreements, but systems still vehemently oppose the so-called open program-access ordinance. Operators expressed fears over the spread of...