Fellows Lays Out Plans for Digital TV
- Comcast Keeps Making Digital Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p174
Reports on the continued growth of the digital television subscriber base of Comcast Corp. during the first quarter of 2000. Digital cable's warding off of direct-broadcast satellite penetration; Financial performance.
- Comcast Execs Vow to Keep Pedal to Metal. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to re-invest its digital-cable revenue. Launching of two products yearly; Acquisitions made by the company; Investment in rebuilds.
- Comcast to launch digital in Philly. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p57
Highlights Comcast Corp.'s launch of its digital television (TV) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Total number of channels of digital programming offered by Comcast; Comcast's interest in digital as an offensive strategy intended to generate new revenue; Pricing for Comcast's digital TV.
- Set-Top Spat: Temperatures Rise Over Low-Cost Digital Boxes. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the conflict between Sony and Comcast over the exemption of digital set-top boxes from a deadline which requires digital boxes to have CableCARD or a removable conditional system. Comcast supports the request while Sony opposes it. A letter was filed by Comcast to the U.S....
- FCC To Go on U.S. Tour. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p25
The article announces that five members of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) would host public meetings to 81 markets regarding the transition to all-digital television (TV) broadcasts in the U.S. FCC chairperson Kevin Martin mentioned that the meetings will be held in the markets that...
- Round one for digital must-carry. C.S.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p5
Presents a report on the controversy surrounding the must-carry status for transmission of digital signals. Viewpoints of broadcasters and FCC who are opposing the motion.
- FCC wants DTV comment. // Electronic Media;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p24
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission wants a comment on whether and when it should be allowed to pre-empt local and state ordinances that might interfere with the deployment of digital television service. Comments made by the agency.
- KHVO gets digital permit. // Electronic Media;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p24
Presents information on the announcement of the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) of the grant of its first digital television permit to KITV Argyle Television's KHVO-TV in Hilo, Hawaii. Comments from FCC Chairman Reed Hundt.
- Broadcasters seek to keep chs. 60-69. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/02/96, Vol. 126 Issue 50, p20
Focuses on the broadcasters' petition to the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) asking permission for digital television auctions. FCC's plans to reallocate channels 60-69 and auction the spectrum; Means to meet the desperate need of additional radio spectrum; Benefits on police;...