Cablevision's N.Y. Sports Networks On Brink, Again
- WNYC sports potential as newest superstation. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the potential hurdles to be faced by cable television operators interested in adding WNYC-TV as a superstation, given its potential programming of New York professional sports teams. WGN's subscriber base; TBS' broadcast reach; New York stations WPIX and WWOR's failure to achieve...
- Latin Sports Network Goal: U.S. Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p22
Reports that Pan-American Sports Network plans to launch a cable television channel in the United States in May 2001. Network's emphasis on soccer; Spanish-language programs focusing on exclusive and live events; Provision of live telecasts of soccer championships, such as the Copa Libertadores...
- NBC Plans To Give Local-Cable Ads an Olympian Push. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p35
Deals with the plan of NBC Cable to give local-cable advertisement sales for the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. Lineup of cable networks which would offer hours of Olympics coverage; Efforts of NBC to enhance its local-cable sales strategy; Deals of NBC with advertisers of various...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;3/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 56, p2
Focuses on the cable television viewership ratings posted by ESPN network with its World Baseball Classic in the U.S.
- TNT Scores Once Again From Downtown in Q2. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the rating of Turner Network Television (TNT) in June 2003. Role of National Basketball Association playoffs in the dominance of the network; Other top-rated cable programs of TNT; Ratings of other television networks.
- MSG Nets Sue Breakaway Mets. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p50
Reports on the decision of Madison Square Garden Network to sue the New York Mets baseball team. Reasons behind the decision of the network to sue the baseball team; Background on the contract of the Mets with the cable television network; Plan of the Mets to launch a regional sports network in...
- ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the development of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in Connecticut. Broadcast network model followed by ESPN; Relationship of ESPN with the cable industry; Historic achievements of the industry. INSET: ESPN DRIVES DISNEY'S CABLE REVENUE ENGINE.
- China to tackle British soccer. Coonan, Clifford // Variety;2/19/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 1, p22
This article discusses the broadcasting of English soccer in China. Fans of the English Premiership League will now have to pay a $24 monthly fee to watch the games in China now that television station Tiansheng TV outbid other broadcasters for the rights to show the sport. Prior to that,...
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;9/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 183, p2
The article presents an update on television broadcasting. The television program "Entourage" on HBO is on its 4th season with 12 episodes. In the "Anatomy of a Giant" of Discovery Health, Sun Ming Ming is featured as the 2nd tallest man in the world. MavTV plans to air extreme sports programs.