Colorado Treasurer Offers New $800M Tobacco Bond Plan
- S&P: Engle Ruling Will Not Affect Tobacco Bond Ratings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p4
The article reports that a long-anticipated ruling in the Engle class action lawsuit that favored the tobacco industry will not affect tobacco bond ratings according to Standard & Poor's Corp. The outlook for tobacco bonds will remain negative. The Florida Supreme Court reversed a 145 billion...
- Berryessa USD, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p27
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has raised the credit ratings of the general obligation bonds of Berryessa Union School District, California to AA-minus.
- S&P Boosts L.A. County POBs and Lease Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of Los Angeles, California's pension obligation bonds and lease revenue debt ratings to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst David Hitchcock, Standard & Poor's also assigned a new AA-minus issuer credit rating, effectively replacing...
- Statutory Liens for Muni Defaults Not a Game Changer: S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p34
The article presents the view of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services that certain bonds secured by statutory liens are not a game changer for local government credit ratings.
- Crushed Cleveland Gets S & P Downgrade Ahead of $65M Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p36
Reports on the downgrade in the rating for the general obligation bonds prepared for sale in Cleveland, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the downgrade; Proceeds of the bond sale; Schedule on the pricing of the bonds.
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Tulsa County, Okla., Lowered to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating on Tulsa County, Oklahoma's unlimited-tax general obligation bonds based on the county's recently deteriorated financial performance and general fund position.
- Midwestern U. Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the improvement of rating for Midwestern University by Standard & Poor's Corp. into the single A category with the refunding of school in Arizona. Worth of the refunding program; Impact of the upgrade with debt of the school; Factors influencing the upgrade.
- Colorado Taxpayers File Suit Against Governor, Treasurer. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p4
Reports on the lawsuit filed by a group of taxpayers in Colorado on allegations that the state Legislature's use of cash transfers to balance the budget is illegal. Call for an injunction on general funds spending by the lawsuit; Difficulty in the return of the funds according to state Treasurer...