N.Y. City Control Board Shouldn't Be Dissolved, Hevesi Says
- Letters. LUDSIN, STEVEN A.; SURACI, PATRICK; PENNER, LARRY; WOODS, MARY; SHAPIRO, MICHAEL; FOGELSON, JEFF; PEELE, STANTON // New York;1/8/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "His American Dream," from the December 11, 2006 issue, "Reasons to Love New York Right Now," from the December 25, 2006 issue, and "The Penitent," from the December 18, 2006 issue.
- Budget gap. // Crain's New York Business;12/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p26
Reports that New York City's budget deficit for the fiscal year 1995-1996 has been estimated at $504 million by the state Financial Control Board and almost $1 billion by Comptroller Alan Hevesi. Comments of Mayor Rudy Giuliani on the estimates.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's New York Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p14
The article offers news briefs related to various activities in New York. For the second year in a row, shareholders of Lucent Technologies Inc. passed a resolution seeking executive compensation with corporate performance. State Comptroller Alan Hevesi panned Governor George Pataki's budget...
- Havesi. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p4
Reports on the projected deficit of New York City in fiscal 2006 as a result of wage increases at the projected inflation rate that are not offset with productivity savings, according to New York state Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi. Widening of budget gaps by the financial plan of New York City...
- The clones of Giuliani: Hevesi, Bloomberg and Badillo. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;03/29/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p1
Editorial. Focuses on the mayoral candidates competing against New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Similarities of the candidates to Giuliani; Political affiliation of Herman Badillo, Michael Bloomberg and Comptroller Alan Hevesi; Assessment of the merits of each candidate.
- Comptroller Hevesi, Stung By Refusal To Permit Audit Of N.Y. Liquidation Bureau, Issues Subpoenas Demanding Records. // Insurance Advocate;3/29/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the announcement made by New York state comptroller Alan G. Hevesi regarding the state government's issuance of subpoenas that will require the state Insurance Department Liquidation Bureau to provide documents for examination. Repeated refusal of the bureau to submit into an audit;...
- N.Y. Insurance Department's Description Of The Liquidation Bureau From Its Website. // Insurance Advocate;3/29/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p5
Reports on New York comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's release of an addenda supporting his position towards the issuance of subpoenas that will compel the New York State Insurance Department Liquidation Bureau to release documents for examination. Refusal of the bureau to submit to internal...
- N.Y.C. comptroller advises removing Lazard as manager. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p56
Reports that New York City Comptroller Alan Hevesi has advised the removal of W.R. Lazard & Co. as manager for nearly $500 million of the city's funds. Rumors concerning the firm; Reason behind Hevesi's recommendation.
- LIPA faulted for "hiding" spending. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/30/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p8A
Reports that the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) has been 'hiding its actual spending'. New York State Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's review of the finances of the Authority; LIPA's reports on its budgeted spending but not on its own actual spending; Need to cut costs; Provision of assurances...