Senate OKs Internet Tax Bill; House Set to Vote
- Senate Debate Over Internet Access Tax Threatens to Get Ugly. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31872, p3
Reports on the debate over Internet access tax in the U.S. Senate. Battle of senators over legislation to permanently extend the lapsed federal moratorium that prevented state and local governments from taxing Internet access services; Approval of the bill sponsored by senators George Allen and...
- Democrats are leery of Wild Card Wyden. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;1/16/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the stance of Democrats on the appointment of Senator Wyden as chairman of the Finance Committee in the U.S.
- Wyden's rise to chairman starts K Street bidding war. Wilson, Megan R.; Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;3/4/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p10
The article reports on the ascension of U.S. Senator Ron Wyden as the chairman of the U.S. Senate Finannce Committee.
- Senate plan would cost truck owners $135 million more a year. Vise, Avery // Fleet Owner Blog;6/25/2014, p1
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Senate to increase the cap on the heavy vehicle use tax (HVUT) in the country. Topics include Senator Ron Wyden's proposal to consider the Preserving America's Transit and Highway's (PATH) Act, the estimated cost for truck owners, and the effectivity...
- TECH TIPS. // Sell!ng;Nov2003, p2
Discusses the "Can Spam" bill approved by the U.S. Senate on October 22, 2003. Purpose of the bill; Comments by Senator Ron Wyden on the bill; Provision of the bill.
- Senate Panel Is Working on a Trust-Fund Fix. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/7/2014, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p7
The article discusses the delay in the action of the Senate Finance Committee in rescuing the diminishing Highway Trust Fund in the U.S. Topics covered include the revisions made in the trust-fund infusion plan of Committee Chairman Ron Wyden, the views of U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch with regards...
- Wireless scores pre-emption, tax moratorium points. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/3/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p8
The article focuses on a telecommunications-reform bill passed by the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in 2006. The bill features wireless preemption with a small caveat and a moratorium on cellular phone taxes. U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, who is not a member of the Senate Commerce Committee,...
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee. // Hill;1/23/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p10
The article profiles U.S. Ron Wyden who is a member of the U.S. Energy and Natural Resources Committee who will prioritize energy efficiency and expanding renewable energy in 2013 and U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski who is an advocate of expanding U.S. oil and natural gas production.
- Senate Energy panel to probe cause of spiking gasoline prices. // Hill;3/4/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p14
The article reports that the Ron Wyden, U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Chairman will hold a hearing on the increasing gasoline prices which he argues to be unreasonable.