Deutsche Bank, IXIS Introduce Tender-Option Bond Programs
- S&P Downbeat on Investment Banks. // American Banker;7/17/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 136, p19
Reports that Standard & Poor's has lowered its ratings outlook for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., and Merrill Lynch & Co. as of July 2001. Reflection on business slump and competition from bigger banks.
- Munis Firmer as Market Digests Large Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/5/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32955, p2
The article reports on the move of three issuers to offer $1.5 billion of bonds to the U.S. market. It indicates that Citi priced $658 million in general obligation bonds for Massachusetts, which will mature from 2009 to 2028. In addition, Merrill Lynch & Co. priced $584.3 million of tax-exempt...
- S&P Warns About Big Brokers. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;8/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 157, p20
Reports on Standard & Poor's (S&P) long-and short-term credit ratings for J.P.Morgan Chase & Co., Merrill Lynch & Co Inc., and Morgan Stanley as of August 16, 2002. Short-term credit rating by S&P for Goldman Sachs Group Inc.; Reasons cited by S&P for lowering the ratings of these firms;...
- S&P Downgrades Securities Firms. // American Banker;6/3/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 106, p20
This article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) decision to lower credit ratings for major securities firms including Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch & Co., and Lehman Brothers. Other security firms were also put on review for a downgrade in status. These changes have created a negative...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Top Five Rankings. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p42
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsels in South Carolina as of August 12, 2004. Merrill Lynch; Lehman Brothers; McGuireWoods
- Powerhouses form bond exchange. // B to B;06/19/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p32
Reports that Goldman Sachs & Co., Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. to form an online exchange for corporate and municipal bonds.
- Lehman, Goldman Seen Lowering Targets. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;5/3/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 84, p2
Reports that Morgan Stanley downgraded Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Claim by Morgan Stanley that a weaker trading environment could cause them to lower their second-quarter earnings estimates; Downgrading of the investment banking companies from "overweight" to "equal weight";...
- Securitized deals post double-digit increase. Bizouati, Yael // Asset Securitization Report;3/13/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the increase in securitized private placements in 2005 according to the Thomson Financial league tables. They amounted to $364 billion in proceeds. The top five agents for securitized private placements were Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., Citigroup Inc., Deutsche Bank...
- BMI BOND SENTIMENT INDEX - MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p3
Presents a tabular representation of the bond ratings given by several investment banks for the Middle East & Africa in June 2005. Credit Suisse First Boston; Deutsche Bank; Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein; Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley.