Perdue Sees Progress
- Wal-Mart's manufacturing recovery? Silvers, Damon // Hill;1/29/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information on the U.S. Manufacturing Initiative, launched by Wal-Mart Stores Inc., buyer of consumer goods to create new jobs in the upcoming years.
- News Round up. // Brand Strategy;Jun2006, Issue 203, p6
The article reports global developments related to marketing. Retail store Wal-Mart Inc. decided to pull out of South Korea after struggling to keep with domestic market leader in China. Honda Motor plans to expand with new plants in Japan. A Global Moms Panel of nine women to advise in on...
- The Clutter Busters. Stilson, Janet // Brandweek;3/2/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 9, Special Section p7
The article presents an overview of methods and strategies that corporations across the globe, including Wal-Mart and Honda Motor Co. Ltd., are using in an effort to eliminate or reduce clutter in their marketing. Advertising campaigns that have been developed by the companies and contain less...
- Walmart to bring 300 jobs. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/ 7/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p1D
The article reports that the plan to build a Wal-Mart Stores Inc. at the corner of Kyle Parkway and Interstate 35 in Texas will create 300 jobs according to Wal-Mart spokesperson Kellie Duhr.
- How to select your investment banker. Sweeney, Paul // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Presents Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s criteria in selecting investment banks. Emphasis on relationships; Changes in the investment market; Utilization of several banks for various functions; Impact of the Internet on the functions of middlemen and intermediaries in the industry; Anticipation of the...
- Wal-Mart eyes Chinese market. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/17/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 95, p15
Reports on the plan of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to enter the Chinese market. Retail investment possibilities being sought by Wal-Mart's chairman S. Robson Walton; Visit and meeting with officials of Tianjin City in China; Popularity of the city to foreign investors.
- Big Stores Remain 'Best Vehicle to Capture Market Share'. // MMR;12/19/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p50
The article reports that Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s capital expenditure plans calls for a 7.4% reduction in spending on new and remodeled stores in the U.S.
- Walmart To Invest If India's FDI Rules Are Relaxed. // India -- West;10/14/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 47, pB5
The article focuses on the consideration of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to invest in India if the country's foreign direct investment regulations in the multi-brand retail sector are relaxed.
- Walmart Only Sought 49% Stake for Foreign Companies. // India -- West;12/9/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 3, pA38
The article reports on the approval of retail giant Walmart Stores Inc. of a 49 percent direct investment stake for foreign companies in India.