New Mexico State Board Readies $145M Sale of Severance Tax Notes
- Moody's Drops Montgomery, Ala., Two Notches. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33993, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded 265 million U.S. dollars of general obligation limited tax debt of Montgomery, Alabama by two notches to A1 from Aa2 as of 2013. According to analyst Moses Kopmar, the continued fiscal imbalance of the city has affected cash...
- Top-Notch Alexandria. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p33
Reports that the consolidated public improvement general obligation bond issue of Alexandria, Virginia has received a triple-A rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service. Factors for the high rating, such as economic stability, conservative budgeting and strong debt...
- Standard & Poor's Lifts Iowa's Polk County to AAA Ahead of Sale. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p36
The article reports on the ratings assigned to the $30 million new-money and advance refunding general obligation (GO) bonds issued by Polk County, Iowa. Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded its rating to AAA from AA-plus while Fitch Ratings Ltd. affirmed its AA-plus on the county's $255 million of...
- CALIFORNIA: ERBs Get Three Affirmations. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/1/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p9
The article reports that the economic recovery bonds of California was affirmed by three ratings agencies. The Standard & Poor's Corp. has declared it as AA-plus, Moody's Investors Services Inc. rated it as Aa3, while Fitch Ratings Ltd. considered it as AA-minus. It has been noted that all three...
- MARYLAND: Montgomery GOs Tomorrow. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p9
The article reports that Montgomery County, Maryland will sell $250 million of general obligation (GO) debt on July 22, 2008. The proceed will be used to fund capital projects such as schools, roads, and mass transit facilities. The county has received triple-A ratings from Fitch Ratings,...
- Williamson Co. MUD 11, Texas, Upgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;5/11/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term and underlying ratings on Williamson County Municipal Utility District No. 11, Texas' general obligation debt one notch, to A-minus from BBB-plus.
- Gaylord, Mich., Upgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;5/11/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term and underlying ratings on Gaylord, Mich.'s existing general obligation debt to A-plus from A-minus with a stable outlook.
- Brent Utilities Board, Ala., Downgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34072, p1
The article reports that rating of the Brent Utilities Board, Alaska water and sewer revenue debt has been declined to A from A-plus by the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services.
- Moody's Wants Feedback on Proposed Changes to LOC Rating Methodology. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33359, p4
The article reports on the comments and feedbacks sought by Moody's Investors Service concerning its plan to alter rating methodology for municipal debt that backs letters of credit (LOC) in the U.S.