Real-Time System Starts On Jan. 31
- MSRB Details Real-Time Price System. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p1
Reports on the deadline for municipal broker-dealers to test the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) real-time transaction reporting system. Automated comparison of inter-dealer transactions; Proposal for the reporting system filed by MSRB with the Securities and...
- Treasurers ask MSRB to stay out of state tuition plans. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p4
Reports that the National Association of State Treasurers is urging the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board not to apply its rules to qualified state tuition programs. Tax-deferred programs designed to encourage parents to save for the college education of their children.
- Need a Door-Opening Tool? Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p70
Reports on the proliferation of 529 plans in the U.S. Increase in the number of state-sponsored, tax-advantaged 529 college savings plan since 1996; Number of U.S. citizens who have invested in 529s and state-run pre-paid tuition plans; Number of 529 savings accounts which have been opened for...
- New College Savings Plan Offers Tax Incentives. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the creation of the Michigan Education Savings Program, a prepaid education plan that offers state residents investment and tax incentives to help them save for their children's higher education. Nature of the plan as a tax-deferred savings account; Goals of the state in creating the...
- Texas prepaid tuition program enrollment deadline approaches. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);7/23/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p6
The article announces that the deadline for Texas families that want to enroll their newborns in the Texas Tuition Promise Fund is on July 31, 2015.
- Muni Market Digests Week's CPS-Less Supply. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;2/1/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34452, p1
Municipal bond traders were finishing up their week's work, a substantially lighter-than-expected load after the week's calendar was reduced by $875 million when the Chicago Public Schools postponed its general obligation bond deal.
- Disclaimers don't override disclosure, Maco warns. Whalen, Robert; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30657, p1
Reports on a warning on municipal bond underwriters against trying to disavow their disclosure obligations in bond offering documents in the United States. Disclosure responsibilities in the official statements for bond issues; Examination of the terms of offering.
- SEC's Weinstein to State Auditors Disclose Beyond Minimum. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p5
Reports the promotion of good disclosure in the municipal bond market beyond minimum standards by the Securities and Exchange Commission in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. Benefits from the leadership and vigilance of the municipal market sectors; Compliance to the federal securities laws; Review of the...
- MSRB hosts dirt-bond disclosure forums. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p30
Announces the plan of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board of Washington State to hold public forums in three cities to discuss ways to improve disclosure for land-secured financing in the municipal market. Schedule of the forums; Discussion of practices recommended by the National Federation...