SLGS Curbs Criticized
- Lawmakers Warn Treasury on Tax-Exempt Bond Limits. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p8
The article reports on the warning set out by federal lawmakers and the Clearing House Association to the Treasury Department concerning tax-exempt bond limits in the U.S. Treasury is advised to avoid any rule-making that could further restrict banks from purchasing tax-exempt bonds. This is in...
- Equity, Commodity Weakness Pushes Munis Up. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p2
The article provides updates on the municipal and treasury bond market in the U.S. as of March 22, 2006. It has been noted that the municipal yield declined by one or two basis points as tax-exempt prices followed Treasuries higher in a firm start. And for the third time, the U.S. Treasury...
- Munis Soften, Treasuries Weaken; Eyes Look to More Positive Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. Performance of municipal bonds; Factors influencing the market's performance; Yield levels of cash bonds; Increase in bid-wanted activity; Auction of notes by the Treasury Department.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31161, p51
Presents data on the bond market of the United States as of June 14, 2001. Daily and weekly municipal bond index; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Treasury bills; Treasury notes and bonds; Municipal market data general obligation yields; State and local government series rates.
- Munis Slightly Firmer, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and treasury market in the U.S. as of October 17, 2007. The municipal market was slightly firmer, following Treasuries, which saw yields slumped even as economic data came in mixed. Treasuries showed gains, with yield on the benchmark...
- Munis Firmer as Traders Stay on Sidelines. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32579, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by about one basis point. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board were also unchanged to slightly firmer. A mild gains was shown by the Treasury market. Expected...
- Munis Firmer Following Weaker Data. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;1/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32785, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond and Treasury markets in the U.S. for the week ended January 2, 2008. At the end of the week, the municipal market was firmer in light trading. Municipal bond traders said that tax-exempts increased three to four basis points....
- Volume Aims for Upswing. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;6/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33724, p1
The article reports that volume in the tax-exempt markets are expected to jump back to pre-holiday levels despite many days of municipal bond underperformance in the face of a powerful rally in the U.S. Treasuries. Industry expects that municipal issuance should total 9.60 billion dollars. It...
- GOVERNMENT BONDS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Oct67, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p14
Discusses issues related to government bonds in the U.S. as of October 1967. Reasons for expecting a limited rise in long yields of government bonds; Facts on the plans of the Treasury Department to refund maturing bonds; Information on tax-exempt bonds.