Riverside County, Calif., Plans Pension Obligation Issue
- Northeast. Kaplan, David; Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p31
Focuses on developments concerning the bond market in the Northeastern States as of February 2, 1998. Single-family housing revenue bonds from Maine and New Hampshire; Dispute between Philadelphia and Pennsylvania officials over how much of the state funding the Philadelphia School District...
- North Carolina. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p65S
Focuses on the economic conditions of North Carolina. Efforts to reduce taxes and build a strong economy; Goals to make health care affordable through the bond market; Provision of oversight of local finance; Priorities in private activities; State and local revenues; Data on total debt per capita.
- Idaho. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p84
Presents graphs depicting the performance of the bond market in Idaho as of March 2001. Revenue of the state and local market; Priorities of private activity bonds; Issuance from state and local authorities.
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33897, p6
A calendar of events for the U.S. municipal bond market from April 22, 2013 to September 27, 2013 is presented which includes an annual tri-state public finance conference, a securities compliance seminar and a California public finance conference.
- Moody's Sees Detroit COPs Repudiation as Isolated. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/18/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34061, p1
The article focuses on the comment titled "Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures: Detroit's Attempted COPs Repudiation an Extreme Act" issued by Moody's Investors Service Inc. on Detroit, Michigan's attempt to invalidate 1.4 billion of pension certificates of participation (COPs) as of...
- Issuers, investors agree: Good rapport can lower debt cost. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p33
Reports on the discussion on the relationship between California's bond issuers and investors in the United States, during the `Bond Buyer California Public Finance' conference. Importance of opening the line of communication; Impact of improved relations on the pricing of bond deals;...
- U.K. pension industry says eliminate rule. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;2/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Reports the demand of the pension industry to eliminate Minimum Funding Requirement (MFR) in Great Britain. Aspects of MFR suggested for replacements; Impact of MFR on the local bond market; Replacement recommended by Paul Myers, chairman of Gartmore Investment Management PLC.
- Pension funds take a new look at an old asset class: bonds. Kelley, Bruce // Pensions & Investments;4/5/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
Reports that United States pension funds are looking at domestic and international bond markets. Manager searches of pension funds; Changes in core-plus accounts.
- Traders Look to Illinois After Pension Reform Dims. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;6/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33921, p2
In this article, the author informs that the traders of the U.S. bond market have turned to municipal bonds of Illinois as the state Senate has failed to pass a comprehensive pension reform package.