- A supply of goodwill for Guinn. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;1/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the inaugural address of Nevada governor Kenny Guinn. Respect given by Guinn to employees; Tax package; Views on the distribution of the state's tobacco settlement funds.
- Republican-in-Name-Only label doesn't fit Guinn. Muth, Chuck // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/2/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 31, pP25
The author discusses the policies of Nevada governor Kenny Guinn and the issues being raised by his criticis to prove that he is not a true Republican.
- Campaign reform starts here and now. // Las Vegas Business Press;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p4
Editorial. Comments on the re-election financing methods employed by Governor Kenny Guinn in Las Vegas, Nevada. Objective of the holiday fund raising; Contributions demanded from gambling executives; Considerations on the ethical aspects of the practice.
- Has she no shame? // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;10/4/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p10
Calls for the resignation of Nevada State Controller Kathy Augustine. Contention that Augustine should have resigned months ago when she was charged of making state workers work for her during her 2002 election campaign; Republican Party leaders' position; View that impeachment is the only...
- Tepid Recall. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p43
Reports that organizers seeking to recall Nevada governor Kenny Guinn may seek a court extension beyond the deadline of November 25, 2003, for collecting the required number of signatures. Factors that have set back the recall movement; Total number of signatures needed.
- The Gov.-elect as his own man. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;12/14/98, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p4
Opinion. Focuses on Kenny Guinn, the governor-elect of Nevada. Reaction to negative campaigns received before the elections; Forecast of Guinn's performance as a new governor; Assessment of his political experience; Expertise of the governor's staff.
- The Honeymooners. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;02/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Comments on issues related to the first 100 days of power by Governor-elect Kenny Guinn of Nevada. Criticism of union publicist and columnist Andrew Barbano against Guinn; Reaction of State of Nevada Employees Association members to productivity demand of Guinn; Decision of Republican leaders...
- Nev. Faculty Group 'Puzzled' by Governor's Pay prediction. // Community College Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the confusion of representatives of public employee groups on the pay prediction of Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn. Statement of the governor regarding the pay raise; Pay raise policy of the state for college teachers; Percentage of pay raise in 2004.
- Uncertainty prompts capital hand-wringing. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;12/07/98, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p4
Opinion. Comments on Governor-elect Kenny Guinn's ascendancy in Nevada in 1998. Speculations over the policies that Guinn might implement; Reaction of state employees to Guinn's election; Apprehension of state agency chiefs concerning Guinn's election.