Weak U.S. Dollar Helps Drive Down Bond Buyer Indexes
- Munis Unchanged Ahead of FOMC Minutes Release. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market seemed unchanged in the last week of May, 2006 just before the release of the minutes of the May 10 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee in the United States. The investors were cautious after the holiday weekend to buy securities but...
- Munis Rally After Weaker-Than-Expected Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p3
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market for the week ended August 4, 2006. According to the article, the market has strengthened following weaker-than-expected non-farm payrolls data . The market's performance gave investors reason to expect that the Federal Open...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p17
Presents a list of municipal bond elections in the United States involving 500,000 dollars or more and gives the dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p7
Presents a chart depicting the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index in the U.S.
- Munis Unchanged to Firmer in New-Issue Flood. Scarchilli, Michael; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p2
The article provides updates on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Municipals remain slightly firmer in November 29, 2006, that digest a flood of primary market offers as some of the largest deals hit the market. According to traders, yields on the long end were lower by about one basis point...
- Muni Issuance for 1Q Up 17.1% From Year Before. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33292, p25
The article discusses the increase in municipal issuance for the first quarter of 2010 in New York City. It states that even if primary market is operating with little influence from credit enhancement, the increase in municipal volume is all the more surprising. Also provided are charts...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p26
Presents a list of the activities in the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 22, 2004.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p6
Presents chart and graphs depicting the rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of October 29, 2004.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.