New York's LIPA Proposes $3B Budget
- COMMISH COURT TO VOTE ON BUDGET. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/19/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 24, p2A
The article reports that the $81.2 million Fiscal Year 2007-2008 operating budget of Hays County, Texas is scheduled to be approved by the county's commissioners in September 2007.
- Untitled. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/26/96, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p28
Reports on Nassau County, New York's receipt of a $180,000 check representing overcharges and inappropriate billings to the county from utilities.
- DPUC rejects CL&P's request to bail out electric suppliers. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the rejection of a proposal to divert public funds to struggling energy suppliers in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Reasons of the Department of Public Utility Control for rejecting the request of The Connecticut Light and Power Co.; Emphasis on accelerating economic recovery; Impact...
- In Last of Its $1.3B Capital Plan, Omaha Public Power Plans $245M. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p32
The article reports on the plan of the Omaha Public Power District to issue $245 million of revenue bonds as part of its capital improvement plan. It is inferred that the bonds will be insured by payments generated from the system's revenue. It is also revealed that Moody's Investors Service...
- Capital Plans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p31
Reports on the approval of plans for the issuance of multi-million dollars of revenue bonds for several capital projects by the Jacksonville City Council in the third week of January 2002. Amount of funds settled for different project categories; Plans regarding the use of electric and water...
- Burlington, Vt., Sale Gets Green Light Despite Volatile Market. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p24
Reports on the Burlington City Council's approval of the sale of revenue bonds for Burlington, Vermont's electric department. Amount of revenue bonds to be issued; Public power bond sales in Burlington.
- Keep `sound attributes' of regulation of utilities. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;07/25/97, p7
Cites the Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy's Center for the Study of Regulated Industries' report `Whither Regulation?'. Urging for the British government not to ignore the sound attributes of the existing system in its review of the regulation of utilities; Citing of little...
- Say what!? // Inside Tucson Business;3/15/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the move of the City of Tucson in Arizona to explain the process of ordering seven modern streetcars from the Oregon Iron Works after its successful application for the federal TIGER streetcar grant.
- Alan Williams. Williams, Alan // Modern Railways;Nov2005, Vol. 62 Issue 686, p76
Presents the author's views on leadership issues in the railroad industry in Great Britain. Public spending in public transport; Plan of Prime Minister Gordon Brown for public spending; Predictions of economists on fuel cost and travel; Performance of passenger railway units.