U.S.Judge Overturns United Ruling
- Capital Intelligence. Michels, Jennifer; Holly, Tricia A. // Travel Agent;05/01/2000, Vol. 299 Issue 8, p133
Focuses on developments related to airlines in the United States, current as of May 1, 2000. Air Transport Association's opposition to a plan by San Francisco Airport to ban small airplanes; Continental Airlines' filing of a federal antitrust lawsuit against United Airlines.
- United Airlines, BAE sue over Denver fight. Flynn, Kevin // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/25/96, Vol. 236 Issue 12, p15
States that United Airlines and BAE Automated Systems sued each other over the baggage system at the Denver International Airport. Separate actions filed; Declaration asked for by United Airlines; Comments from persons associated with lawsuit.
- United-O'Hare Settlement Still Not Final. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p1
Reports on the status of the revenue bond settlement between the United Airlines and O'Hare International Airport in the U.S. Subjectivity of the agreement for approval of both parties and the bankruptcy court; Total special facilities revenue bonds owned by United Airlines; Outlook of United...
- Enforcing Federal Supremacy: Relief Against Federal-State Regulatory Conflicts. Schwarzer, William W. // California Law Review;May55, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p234
Discusses the ruling of a court on a case filed by United Air Lines Inc. and others against the Public Utilities Commission of California, which deals with the filing of the tariffs of the airline at the commission for the its operation in the Catalina Island. Facts of the case; Reasons behind...
- Chicago AirWars Grind On. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/25/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33455, p1
The article reports on the conflict between the Chicago and O' Hare International Airport and Illinois' two largest carriers American Airlines Inc. and United Airlines Inc. It notes that the two carriers were scheduled to return to court in February 2011 for the final ruling of an 8 billion...
- Bankruptcy Court Cannot Just 'Split the Difference' in Divergent Discount Rates. // Business Valuation Update;Aug2009, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p15
The article offers information on divergent discount rates and lending issues involving airport companies. It features the court case between United Airlines Inc. and Regional Airports Improvement Corp. wherein the bankruptcy court that hold the case applied for discounted cash flow (DCF)...
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear Appeal Of United Airlines Bankruptcy Decision. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p26
The article reports on the decline of the U.S. Supreme Court to hear an appeal of a lower court decision on a United Airlines Inc. case. The lower court decision ascertained that United Airlines is not obligated to repay 155 million dollars of special facilities revenue bonds issued for projects...
- Class Action Against UAL, State Street. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;2/23/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 36, p2
Reports legal issues involving State Street Corp. The class-action status of a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court for the North District of Illinois by Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP on behalf of 70,000 United Airlines employees; Background on the 2-year-old lawsuit against State Street Corp....
- UA, Orbitz challenge flight startup. // Travel Daily;12/31/2014, p2
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by United Airlines and the online travel agency Orbitz against the website skiplagged.com alleging that it offers cheap tickets by violating airline fare rules and presents views of the site founder Aktarer Zaman denying the allegations.