Olathe, Kan., Officials Hope STAR Bonds Fit Arena Plan
- Retail Misses Puerto Rico as Wells Fargo Leads Risk-Averse Camp. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34073, p1
The article reports on three billion dollars general obligation bond of Puerto Rico and the restriction on hedge funds and retail investors from buying. It mentions that retail buyers investing through Wells Fargo Advisors LLC cannot purchase the bonds, the UBS Financial Services of Puerto Rico...
- San Mateo County, Calif., Transit Readies $215 Million Refunding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p3
No abstract available.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...
- LOCATIONAL LOGROLLING AND CITIZEN SUPPORT OF MUNICIPAL BOND PROPOSALS: The Example of St. Louis. Archer, J. Clark; Reynolds, David R. // Public Choice;Fall1976, Vol. 27, p21
Examines citizen support of municipal bond proposals to finance capital investments in service delivery systems based on the example of Saint Louis, Missouri. Strategy offered by Saint Louis bond proponents from the vantage point of electoral geography; Summary of Saint Louis City general...
- Munis Unchanged as Barrage of BABs Looms. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/18/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33168, p2
The article focuses on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that the municipal market was unchanged for the period beginning August 17, 2009, a week dominated by Build America Bond (BAB) issuance and will continue to experience the trend when more than 2 billion...
- Munis Start Week Largely Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. for July 21, 2008. It states that the municipal market was largely unchanged. Meanwhile, the Treasury market was mixed in the said date. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note, which opened at 4.09%, finished at...