Olathe, Kan., Officials Hope STAR Bonds Fit Arena Plan
- Retail Misses Puerto Rico as Wells Fargo Leads Risk-Averse Camp. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34073, p1
The article reports on three billion dollars general obligation bond of Puerto Rico and the restriction on hedge funds and retail investors from buying. It mentions that retail buyers investing through Wells Fargo Advisors LLC cannot purchase the bonds, the UBS Financial Services of Puerto Rico...
- San Mateo County, Calif., Transit Readies $215 Million Refunding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p3
No abstract available.
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- N.Y. Thruway Agency Plans to Sell $350M for Highways and Bridges. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p4
The article reports on the plans of the New York State Thruway Authority to sell its tax-exempt serial bonds worth $350 million on March 13, 2007. Proceeds of the sale will be used to reimburse the state's financial expenditures made by the Department of Transpiration on its 5-year bridge and...
- Broker-Dealers Face Auction-Rate Failures. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;2/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32816, p1
The article reports on the failure of auctions of municipal auction-rate securities totaling as much as $10 billion in par value in the U.S. It is estimated that broker-dealers buying up excess auction-rate securities account for 10 to 20 percent of the market. Widening spreads, reduced demand...
- Concord Ready for Market. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32342, p35
The article reports that Concord, Massachusetts will sell general obligation capital improvement bonds valued at $10 million. The bonds will be sold via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system and through telephone bids. The fixed-rate bonds will mature from 2007 through 2026. First Southwest...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...