- Broward County, Fla., to Refund ARS and Switch Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the plan of Broward County, Florida to refund up to $110 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) and replace the debt with variable-rate demand obligations (VRDO) with triple-A rated bond insurance policy. According to the author, Broward County Commissioners are expected...
- N.J. Finance Board, Development Agency OK $553M in Bond Deals. Cataldo, Adam l. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p40
Reports on the New Jersey Economic Development Authority's (EDA) approval of new money and refunding bond deals. Worth of the deals; Projects for which proceeds from the sale will be used; Worth of the direct purchasing deal approved by EDA which involves the Cerebral Palsy of North Jersey.
- GO Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p35
Reports on the plan of officials in Montgomery County, Maryland to go forward with refunding portion of a general obligation bond issue originally scheduled to sell in March 2004.
- New Mexico Health System Saves Big With $205M Refunding. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p40
Reports that the New Mexico Hospital Equipment Loan Council has refunded its bond series sold in 2001. Value of the bond series; Structure of the bond; Variable-rate revenue bond issue for Presbyterian Healthcare Services.
- Houston Sets $232M Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32498, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a $232 million deal of public improvement refunding bonds offered by the government officials in Houston, Texas. The deal is undertaken to fund the city's ongoing projects and debts when it annexed several utility districts and unincorporated areas....
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.
- The Week Ahead: Price Figures to Trump Volume in Determining Investor Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p6
Presents several prospects in the securities market for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Importance of price in determining demand; Anticipation for the allocation revenue refunding from the Industry Urban Development Agency; Availability of higher yielding bonds.
- With SLGS in Hand, New Jersey Readies $400M in Deals. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p5
Reports on selling of 400 million dollar general obligation bonds called State and Local Government Series (SLGS) securities for refunding outstanding debt in New Jersey. Investment of proceeds from sale in SLGS; Decline in yield of SLGS by basic points; Impact of the September 11, 2001...
- Three Maryland Agencies Planning Fall Sales Totaling Nearly $200M. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p5
Reports on the plan of three Maryland agencies to sell bonds that could total more than $195 million. Amount in advance refunding spurred by attractive interest rates; Development of refunding issue by the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, the Maryland Economic Development Corp., and the...