Two New York Issuers Highlight Abbreviated Holiday Session
- Aiming for Fairness Between Muni and Corporate Ratings. Cohen, Natalie R. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p20
In this article, the author outlines the four key areas on the municipal bond market that are discussed during the hearings of the House Financial Services Committee in the U.S. The author states that the two proposals aimed at restoring municipal government are access to reasonably priced...
- Prerefunded Perks. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p1
Reports that the fast pace of refunding issuance has left behind a hefty supply of prerefunded and escrowed to maturity municipal bonds in the U.S. Benefit of the trend for the investors; Effect of the continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board and a flattening Treasury yield curve on...
- S&P Rates SLO. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p39
The article announces that Standard & Poor's has assigned an A-plus rating to the planned issuance of water revenue bonds by San Luis Obispo, California. The credit ratings agency has also assigned an issuer credit rating of AA-minus to the city government. Credit analyst Matt Reining has...
- Panel of Players Discusses Rating Munis and Nassau County. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31031, p30
No abstract available.
- Boise Airport Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p35
Reports that Boise Airport has received two ratings affirmations as it sold a refunding deal in Boise, Idaho. Amount of bonds sold; Significance of the airport in the state.
- N.Y.C. Adds $630M Refunding to Planned Issue. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p32
Reports that New York City has added a 630-million-dollar refunding to its new-money general obligation bond issue scheduled to come to market on February 11, 2005. Total amount of tax-exempt debt and taxable debt that the city will sell; Retail order period for the transaction; Ratings assigned...
- St. Johns County, Fla., Lowered to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p2
The article reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the Series 2009A sales tax revenue refunding bonds of Saint Johns County, Florida. The credit rating agency downgraded the long-term rating on the county's preexisting sales tax revenue debt to A-plus from AA-minus. The...
- Oklahoma Holds Back on This Week's $112M Refunding' Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p40
Reports that Oklahoma has decided to hold back refunding deals due to rising interest rates in the tax-exempt municipal bond market. State's decision to break the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority deals into two; General obligation yields; Ratings of the bonds.
- Azusa RDA, Calif., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p2
Presents the ratings on Azusa Redevelopment Agency's Series 2003 a merged project area tax allocation refunding bonds in Azusa, California. Revision of the ratings by Moody's Investors Service; Valuation and revisions of the legal structure; Tax increment revenues.