NEWS IN BRIEF
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p10
Presents statistics related to competitive note offerings as of November 27, 2001 in the U.S. Issuers of bonds; Insurers of bonds; Rankings of bonds.
- One-Year Note Index. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p33
Presents bond market statistics on one year note index during January 2001 and January 2002 in the U.S. Issuers considered for the calculation of note index; Rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to issuers.
- U.S. Securities Prices. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p33
Presents bond market statistics related to the U.S. securities prices. Bid of treasury bills; Lehman Brother's long treasury bond index; Treasury notes and bonds in points and 32ds.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p37
Reports on the schedule for the U.S. bond market between November 12 and 16, 2001. Activities related to treasury bills and auctions in the market on November 13; Announcement for the Treasury auctions four-week bills and buyback of securities on November 14; Events to be held on November 15.
- HUF 800 billion in T-bills held by retail investors. // Hungary A.M.;10/31/2013, p4
The article reports that retail investors in Hungary hold about 800 billion Hungarian forint in government-issued treasury bills, according to Government Debt Management Center deputy chief executive officer (CEO) LÃ¡szlÃ³ AndrÃ¡s BorbÃ©ly in October 2013.
- Uganda: T-Bill Keeps Climbing, BMI May Soon Exit View. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p22
The article presents an outlook for the money market in Uganda for 2012. Carry gains for Uganda's 91-day treasury bill continues to accumulate. Although the inflows of portfolio to Uganda is expected to remain strong, there are downward risks to the shilling including long-standing weakness in...
- Debt Outlook Remains Lacklustre. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jan2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that total stock of debt and liabilities improve by 10% in 2006-07, while the current account and fiscal deficits increase the governmentâ€™s financing needs in Pakistan. According to central bank, the rise in stock was due to the growth in floating debt, making up...
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;07/10/2013, p2
European regional statistics are presented as of July 10, 2013 showing an increase in Slovakia's trade surplus in May from last year, a decrease in Hungary's trade surplus also in May from last year, and the sale of six-month treasury bills by Greece to roll over a maturing issue.
- New E-System Emerges. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p1
Reports on the plans of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based financial services company PriMuni to create an electronic municipal bond order-matching and distribution system, after receiving guidance from the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on December 11, 2001. Efforts of the company for...