The devil & the deep blue
- Hearing Probes Helicopter Medevac Safety. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/25/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 12, p1215
The article discusses a fact-finding hearing held by officials with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) in February 2009 to investigate a series of crashes experienced by medical emergency helicopters in 2008. A range of witnesses including physicians, pilots, and government...
- No fly. Post, Paul // Waste News;10/14/96, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p30
Reports that the construction of the proposed landfill of Saratoga County, New York, could result in New York Air National Guard helicopters using another airport. Concerns over the construction of the landfill; Information on the landfill permit.
- Air wing to make final F-16 flights. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 55, p2
The article announces the flight of two F-16 fighter jets from New York Air National Guard from its Syracuse-area air base to Hancock Field in New York.
- After flying halfway... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/25/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 17, p24
Reports on the successful landing and evacuation of Doctor Jerri Nielsen following her flight around half of the world, by the New York Air National Guard at the South Pole. Nielsen's self-treatment for breast cancer at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica; Conditions at the rescue site.
- Three Walk Out 10 Days After Burma Crash. // AVweb;10/13/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 42a, p1
The article discusses about the rescue helicopter EC130 owned by Advance Aviation company which went in for search of six mountain climbers missing after an attempt to climb Hkakabo Razi mountain in Burma. It mentions that the helicopter crashed in the remote mountains of Myanmar and pilot of...
- Air National Guard shows employers its mission: Forty-five representatives from area businesses go airborne. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p5
The article reports that members of New York's Air National Guard wanted employers to see just what they do. Two units of the state's Air Guard took a 45-member delegation of area employers on a refueling mission. The Central New York Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve Committee helps...
- Mills goes to Greenland via Air National Guard. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/28/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p16
Reports that New York Assemblyman Howard Mills has returned from a trip to Greenland with the New York Air National Guard. Observation of a ski lift mission by the group; Accomplishments by the New York Air Guard in rescue work; Meeting with scientists from the Greenland Ice Project.
- The Evolution of Helicopter Underwater Escape Training. Small, Graham; Harvey, Greg // Journal of Ocean Technology;Sep2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p96
The article discusses the evolution of helicopter underwater escape training. An incident in the North Sea in the middle of 1970s contributed to the demand for helicopter escape training for offshore helicopter passengers. The new Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) is modular in design...
- Sense of Duty. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the New York Air National Guard's 106th Rescue Wing. Rescues that have been performed by the team; List of some of its members; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on the rescue team. INSETS: Hell on Earth;Instinct for survival.