Cornhusker country ... and beyond!
- Chapter 15: Understanding Life in the Air Force. Daley, James G. // Social Work Practice in the Military;1999, p245
Chapter 15 of the book "Social Work Practice in the Military" is presented. It provides information on the lives of soldiers inside the U.S. Air Force. A base of the Air Force is a combination of social community and organizational hub. Most of them have family housing, always separated by rank...
- Major Active Duty Air Force Bases. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p30
Presents a map depicting major active duty Air Force bases in the U.S.
- Changes make Soto Cano more permanent. Arana-Barradas, Louis A.; Schafer, Megan // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p42
The article features the Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. Airmen are deployed to the air force base for 120 days and meet their Air and Space Expeditionary Force obligations. Troops in the base live in wooden "hooches". According to Army Colonel Rick Bassett the changes in the base underscore the...
- Family Matters. Hayward, George // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p24
Reports the importance of the United States Air Force family programs designed to support and help families who are left behind by deployed military personnel. Information on the family readiness noncommissioned officers program at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base; Benefits of the program.
- ROUND THE RESERVE. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2012, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p10
The article offers news briefs related to the military Air Force in the U.S. Air Force Reserve officials are working to make policy changes that would allow members who earn days of leave to carry those days over from year to year. With the release of an updated and revised social media guide by...
- AIR FORCE. // Officer;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p45
Presents a chart related to the activities of different U.S. Air Force bases as of July 2005. Types of aircraft acquired; Headquarters action.
- It is Rocket Science. Knabe, Ann P. // Officer;Aug2008, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p56
The article focuses on the work of Major William Arbegast as a test director for the 14th Test Squadron (TS) at Schriever AFB, Colorado. TS is a unified partner in the U.S. Air Force space systems testing. Its mission is to enhance Air Force Space Command's war fighting capabilities through...
- Lack of Ramp Space Bedevils USAFE. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/18/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p193
Reports on the United States Air Force's (USAFE) problem in the lack of air bases with room for giant transport aircraft in Europe. USAFE officials' return of Rhein-Mein to the German government and shift of airlift capabilities to Spangdahlem and Ramstein air bases; Construction plans for...
- Hill Air Force base on major recruiting campaign. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/26/99, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the plans of the United States Air Force to recruit workers from other bases to the Hill Air Force Base in Ogden, Utah. Estimates on the number of job openings in the base; Talks between base officials and church leaders concerning the recruitment drive.