A show of force
- Logistics Stuff--Five Things to Consider. Foster, David J. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p36
The article provides informations on how to protect the U.S. Air Force logistics stuff. The author advises one to protect the logistics and care for the partnership, which is the target of the enemy. He also advises one to take account of the weight that will have to be moved. Moreover, it is...
- Teamwork and discipline. McIntosh, Robert A. // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, preceding p1
Opinion. Discusses the achievement by the United States Air Force Reserve on safe accomplishment of their flying missions. Reasons for achievement; Air Force Reserve's intent; Flight safety.
- USAF sensor project targets threat warning. D.M. // Electronic Design;1/24/94, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p27
Announces the awarding of a contract to Irvine Sensors Corp. to develop multimode optical search and track (MOST) based sensors for the United States Air Force. Technology utilized; Features and functions; Commercial applications.
- It's a privilege. Daugherty, Kevin L. // Flying Safety;Apr96, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p30
Answers questions on the United States Air Force's information rule called safety privilege. Safety information on the Internet; Access to safety information; Cockpit voice recorders as privileged material.
- Air Force goes on net security offensive. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;5/6/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p10
Focuses on efforts of the U.S. Air Force to improve network defenses by increasing intrusion-detection measures at bases in the country. Securitization of military phone lines from unauthorized use; Concern over network-based attacks; Amount spent on Enterprise Telephony Management.
- U.S. Air Force uses Cherry smart card to secure computer systems. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the U.S. Airforce's use of smart card readers designed by Cherry Electrical Products to help secure thousands of computer systems operating at U.S. Air Force Bases worldwide. Security enhancement through smart card technology; Verification of user identification and digital...
- Air Force Defends Against Criticism On Drone Losses. // Helicopter News;5/12/2009, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the steps being taken by the U.S. Air Force to reduce the number of crash landings of unmanned aircraft. The Air Force has decided to install autonomous landing feature on its aircraft, in response to the criticism it received regarding the increasing number of aircraft...
- Advanced technology to protect high- and low-risk facilities. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/17/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p72
Examines the importance of improving the defenses of high and low risk overseas United States facilities in light of the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers complex in Saudi Arabia. Efforts of the United States Air Force (USAF) in making force protection an integral part of its operations plans;...
- Saab Launches Five New Radars For Total Air Domain Awareness. // Defense Daily International;5/16/2014, p4
Defense and security company Saab May 12 said it is extending its surface radar portfolio, introducing five all-new complementary Giraffe radars for land and sea. For theÂ…