Air force couple discovers adoption delivers ... Life's precious gift
- PEOPLE IN ACTION. // Inside Tucson Business;2/16/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p14
Reports on executive appointments and promotions in Tucson, Arizona. Jennifer Burns' participation in the southern Arizona chapter of the American Red Cross; Thomas J. Bouman, shareholder of O'Connell & Bouman P.C.; Peggy Hutchison, executive director of the Primavera Foundation board of...
- The Gift of Groceries Very Much Appreciated! Powell, Bonnie // Soldiers;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the Gift of Groceries, a program that allows gift certificates to be donated to families of soldiers in the U.S. Support of military families in need; Commissary shopping benefits of military families; Importance of commissaries.
- War at home. Creighton, J. // Mother Jones;May/Jun91, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
Looks at the Military Families Support Network (MFSN), cochaired by Judy Davenport and formed by Alex Molnar in August, 1990, Loosely organized national network in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Guam; 6,500 supporters from military and non-military families.
- California Military Families Talk Contamination with EPA Officials. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that military families living on and around a toxic groundwater plume at Moffett Field in California have attended a public meeting with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) officials to express their concerns about the toxic vapor entering their homes.
- MILITARY FAMILY ORGANIZATIONS. // Exceptional Parent;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p163
A directory for organizations that might be of interest to military families with members with disabilities in the U.S. is presented.
- Bringing kids all the way home. King, Patricia; Hamilton, Kendall // Newsweek;6/16/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 24, p60
Focuses on the problems with adopting children overseas. The popularity of adopting children from overseas by Americans; The difficulties with adopting within the United States; Adopting from the orphanages of Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union as demanding the most care; Details on...
- Bringing back baby. Bogert, Carroll; McKay, Betsy // Newsweek;11/21/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p78
Investigates the changing rules and risks in adopting a child from overseas. Number of foreign children adopted into the United States annually; Cost; Risks of health problems in children; Sleazy operators in the baby trade; Adrian and Bernadette Mooney, convicted of trying to smuggle a baby...
- IIAS seminar report International seminar: transnational religious and ideological influences in modern Central and Inner Asia. Vogelsang, Willem // Newsletter (International Institute for Asian Studies);Autumn2015, Vol. 72, p49
The article discusses a seminar organised by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation of New York and the International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) on the transnational religious and ideological influences in modern Central and Inner Asia.
- Foil Application. Katz, Steve // Label & Narrow Web;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p50
The article focuses on the foil converting technology in the U.S. It states that the technology has evolved such as the advent of hot stamping, in which applying heat and pressure could transfer the foil into the substrate. It mentions that the application of heat and pressure could achieve...