Authorization bill boosts benefits, number of reservists
- INSURANCE MARCHES ON. // Aftermarket Business;Apr2003, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p10
Cites the provision of the U.S. Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights of 1994 on the obligation of employers to provide group health insurance for servicemen and women and their families while on uniformed service leave. Offering of group health plan regardless of the company's...
- Topic number 6: Character and duration of service. Wright, Samuel F. // Officer;Sep98, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p55
Responds to queries pertaining to legal rules on US Reservists' status as military servicemen and as civilian employees. Five-year limit on returning to one's civilian job after a stint in the services; Exemptions from the five-year limit.
- The Total Force Concept, Involuntary Administrative Separation, and Constitutional Due Process: Are Reservists On Active Duty Still Second Class Citizens? Wickham, John A. // Army Lawyer;Oct2000, Issue 335, p19
Discusses the status of reservists within the United States armed forces.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p36
Presents legislative status report of the journal 'The Bond Buyer' as of February 18, 2003. Legislation on U.S. President George W. Bush's economic stimulus plan; Details of Municipal Debt Refinancing Act of 2003; Features of Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2003.
- Continental drift. Williams, Audrey // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the European Union's lawmaking process. Cases presented to illustrate the legislation process; European Court of Justice; Impact on domestic law in Great Britain. INSET: How EU directives are born..
- How Congress makes laws. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p222
Shows the path that a bill takes through Congress to become a law, including steps in the Senate and in the House of Representatives. Committees which review bills; The president's role; Final votes to become law.
- Exon-Florio an imperfect tool for protecting U.S. technology. Cohen, V.D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p68
Opinion. Discusses the increasing number of foreign takeovers of US industrial firms and the weaknesses of the Exon-Florio Amendment to the Defense Production Act of 1988, which was designed to help curb takeovers that might impact national security. Law's deficiencies; Conditions of national...
- What would you do? // Bank Marketing;Oct93, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Explains the responsibilities of a trustee of an employee benefit plan under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA). Response from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC); Conflict between TILA and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA); Regulation Z; Loans from pension plans.
- Proposed 900-number ad rules worry advertisers. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p44
Reports that the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has proposed rules on 900-number advertising which could force advertisers to rethink their TV purchases. The FTC's implementation of the Telephone Disclosure and Dispute Resolution Act of 1992; The ban on 900-number advertising directed at...