CSAF approves test to help keep pilots for 20 years
- SALVATION FROM THE SKY. Roughton, Randy // Airman;May/Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p46
The article reflects on the U.S. Air Force humanitarian operations 60 years ago across different countries. It states that the operation more than six decades separate two massive humanitarian operations which had different levels of devastation, obstacles and reasons for the plight of people in...
- Frontline Duty. // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p4
Several photographs depicting the care given by the U.S. Air Force to their airmen and their families are presented.
- 24 Hours with Jacob. Barela, Tim // Airman;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p30
Features Troy and Tammy Alexander's son, Jacob, who died 24 hours after he was delivered, and the support that they got from the air force. Details on the story.
- Hiring vets made easier. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;7/1/95, Vol. 3 Issue 13, p8
Advises `PHC Profit Report' subscribers who are participating in the US Armed Forces' `DORS' job placement program to contact the Family Support Center in military bases in their areas. Drawbacks of the program.
- Generals trade their army boots for wingtips in trek to... Bowers, Faye // Christian Science Monitor;12/2/96, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p1
Reports that Lieutenant General William `Gus' Pagonis and other high-profile Desert Storm commanders are in high demand in the civilian business world in the United States. How the hiring of retired military personnel differs from post-Vietnam days; American public's realization that the...
- AN EYE ON HAITI. Roughton, Randy // Airman;May/Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the significant role of the RQ-4 Global Hawk, an aircraft of the U.S. Air Force, during the earthquake catastrophe in Haiti in January 12, 2010. It stresses the aircraft's collection and provision of imagery in the Haitian areas most in need of attention which help direct...
- PUERTO RICO NATIONAL GUARD. Palacios, Desiree N. // Airman;May/Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p20
Photographs of the U.S. Air Force and some Haitian survivors after the earthquake in January 12, 2010 are presented which include the A C-130E Hercules aircraft carrying Haitian Americans lands in San Juan, Puerto Rico, the airmen from the 35th Expeditonary Airlift Squadron in Muniz, Puerto Rico...
- DIGGING THROUGH THE RUBBLE. Roughton, Randy // Airman;May/Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the efforts of U.S. Air Force on digging through the rubble after the earthquake in Haiti in January 12, 2010. It highlights the pararescuemen called PJs from the 23rd special tactics squadron who rescued earthquake survivors. It features Senior Airman Jason Humes,...
- GATEWAY TO RELIEF. Croxon, J. Paul // Airman;May/Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p30
The article discusses the role of the U.S. Air Force aerial porters in transporting pallets and cargos of relief goods for Haitian survivors of the earthquake that occurred in January 12, 2010. It features Airman 1st Class Daniel Werth, an aerial porter from McChord Air Force Base, Washington,...