Air Guard supports Ms. Wheelchair America Pageant
- The Aquilla Queen and her Court. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/28/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p10
A photograph of the Aquilla Independent School District (ISD) Homecoming Queen and the other winners including Queen Sarah Lockett, First Princess Lacey Reid and Second Princess Monique Moss in Texas on October 9, 2009.
- Candidates for the Crown. // Saturday Evening Post;9/1/1956, Vol. 229 Issue 9, p18
Photographs of the contestants for the Miss Arkansas Pageant, which was held in June 1956.
- Beauty pageants advance careers. Decker, Jonathan P. // Christian Science Monitor;8/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 175, p3
Describes the increasing awareness among beauty contestants in US to plan their future career. Case of Shannon Depuy, and her utilization of pageant prize money for financing her studies; The swimsuit controversy in pageant contests in America; Details of other pageant winners in US.
- Contestants flunk telecom quiz. Wetli, Patty // America's Network;3/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Miss USA pageant contestant's response to questions regarding communications technology. Miss Texas' hypothetical vote for National Aeronautics & Space Administrations; Miss South Carolina's reply on how to deal with shock radio hosts if she were a Federal Communications Commission...
- Miss Burnet County International begins process. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/6/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p2A
The article reports on the invitation of application from prospective contestants for the title of Miss Burnet County International 2010 in Texas.
- Miss stakes. Geier, Thom // U.S. News & World Report;6/10/96, Vol. 120 Issue 23, p19
Mentions a stir caused in the 1996 Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas by a swimsuit worn by Miss Indonesia. How Alya Rohali, 20, angered people in her predominantly Muslim homeland; Decision of Indonesia to ban its women from participating in foreign beauty contests.
- The family royalty. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;04/06/98, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p37
Looks at the crowning of Kathryn Larter as 1998 Queen of the Calgary Stampede. The Calgary, Alberta resident winning the crown fifty years after her grandmother, Shirley Kemp, was named Stampede Princess in 1948; Others receiving awards.
- Miss Gay Rochester. // Empty Closet;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 452, p19A
Photographs of several candidates during the Miss Gay Rochester 2012 including Keke Velasquez Lord, Aneal Pleasures and V'ta Valentino are presented.
- Venezuela tale of beauty and the best. Knight, Jane // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 210, p1
Describes the efforts put in by the Venezuelans to achieve success in the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants. Emphasis on personal grooming in Venezuela; Training of contestants by a team of experts at the Miss Venezuela Academy; Career prospects for beauty queens.