Jake Schuffert: Passing of an Air Force Icon
- Some kind of gift. Duffy, Brian // U.S. News & World Report;06/19/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p29
Profiles political cartoonist Jeff MacNelly in light of his death at the age of 52. Death from lymphoma; Description of his career and highlights, including his first Pulitzer prize at the age of 24; Biographical information.
- Arts: Saul Steinberg remembered, in his own(words). // Insight on the News;06/21/99, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p36
Commemorates the death of American cartoonist Saul Steinberg. Career in the periodical `The New Yorker'; Sample of Steinberg's works; Artistic style; Philosophy.
- That joke isn't funnies anymore. Kamp, David // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p117
Comments on the transition period the comics page in the United States is undergoing. Death of cartoonist Charles Schulz, creator of `Peanuts'; Role of the World War II generation in the development of comics; Description of the younger generation of cartoonists.
- 'Sparky' Schulz, newspaperman. // Editor & Publisher;02/21/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the death of United States newspaper cartoonist Charles Schulz in February 2000. Cause of Schulz's death; Comic strip `Peanuts' created by the cartoonist; Reaction of the newspaper industry to Schulz's death.
- Sundays Will Never be the Same. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;02/21/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p20
Pays tribute to newspaper cartoonist Charles Schulz who died in February 2000. Background information on Schulz; Cartoonist's launch of the comic strip `Peanuts' in October 1950; Retirement of the cartoonist at age 77 due to serious health problems; Cause of the comic strip creator's death;...
- Callahan on Callahan, UNCENSORED. Callahan, John // WE Magazine;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p22
Reflects on the story of the author, a paralytic cartoonist based in the United States. Family background; Animated shows created by the author; Reaction to a movie project about his life.
- Under the Volcano. Lorenz, Lee // New Yorker;11/22/99, Vol. 75 Issue 35, p172
Provides humor on the art of cartooning in the United States. Parallelism between the question of creation/evolution theory and cartooning; Overview of cartoonists in the United States.
- 'Calvin' book is the first one in half-decade. // Editor & Publisher;11/5/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 43, p24
Reports the developments related to editors and publishers publication. Release of the book 'Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995,' by cartoonist Bill Watterson; Need of an editorial cartoonist in The Washington Post; Praises received by cartoonist Wiley Miller for the October 21 'Non...
- American Cartoonists. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2001, p326
Lists noted American cartoonists including: Scott Adams, Al Capp, Jim Davis, Walt Disney, Bud Fisher, Max Fleischer, Chester Gould, Harold Grey, Cathy Guisewite, Bill Hanna, Joe Barbera, Johnny Hart, Lynn Johnston, Bob Kane, Bill Keane, Jack Kirby, Walter Lantz, Gary Larson, Stan Lee, Bob...