The future is now
- Lack of Ramp Space Bedevils USAFE. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/18/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p193
Reports on the United States Air Force's (USAFE) problem in the lack of air bases with room for giant transport aircraft in Europe. USAFE officials' return of Rhein-Mein to the German government and shift of airlift capabilities to Spangdahlem and Ramstein air bases; Construction plans for...
- Reservists fly medical supplies to Puerto Rico. // Airman;Dec98, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p13
Reports that reservists from the 910th Airlift Wing at the Youngstown Air Reserve Station in Ohio have flown medical supplies to San Juan, Puerto Rico in October 1998 in support of Hurricane Georges operations. Names of two operation leaders.
- Group prepares for emergency actions in Asia. Desjarlais Jr., Orville F. // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p43
The article focuses on the 613th Contingency Response Squadron, the contingency response group at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. The response group's responsibility extends from the United States' west coast to the east coast of Africa, and from the Arctic to the Antarctic. In 2004, the group...
- Combat Boots and Cowboy Hats. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p44
Focuses on F.E. Warren Air Force Base and the town of Cheyenne, Wyoming's celebration of the annual Cheyenne Frontier Days rodeo. Relationship between the base and the community; History of the rodeo; Role of the military on the rodeo. INSET: F.E. Warren AFB at a glance.
- AFPC adds civilians to interactive demographic package. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p17
Reports that the Air Force Personnel Center in Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas has updated its World Wide Web interactive demographics package by adding details on civilians serving in the US Air Force. Services provided by the Web site; Average hits per week of the Web site.
- Major Active Duty Air Force Bases. // Airman;Jan2004, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p30
Presents a map depicting major active duty Air Force bases in the U.S.
- Changes make Soto Cano more permanent. Arana-Barradas, Louis A.; Schafer, Megan // Airman;Summer2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p42
The article features the Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. Airmen are deployed to the air force base for 120 days and meet their Air and Space Expeditionary Force obligations. Troops in the base live in wooden "hooches". According to Army Colonel Rick Bassett the changes in the base underscore the...
- "City of Shame". // Time;2/8/1954, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p31
The article deals with the branding of the English city of Oxford as City of Shame in a report by a committee appointed by the Bishop of Dorchester. It was suggested that U.S. Air Force service members might be one of the reasons for the high rate of illegitimate births in the city. There are...
- Kelly AFB NCOs Honored for Acts of Valor. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2000, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p29
Reports that non-commissioned officers Humberto Gallegos and Ben Ramos Jr. have received the first-ever Community Service Award for Valor presented by the 433rd Airlift Wing at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. Heroic actions for which the two were recognized.