Accumulation of astaxanthin and lutein in Chlorella zofingiensis (Chlorophyta)
- IS SPINACH EYE CANDY? // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Nov2007, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p10
The article presents a study on lutein and zeaxanthin. It found that lutein and zeaxanthin may protect the eyes from macular degeneration which causes blindness in the center of one's vision. It is important to eat more spinach, kale, turnip greens, collard greens, romaine, lettuce and broccoli....
- Serum lutein concentrations in healthy term infants fed human milk or infant formula with lutein. Bettler, Jodi; Zimmer, J. Paul; Neuringer, Martha; DeRusso, Patricia A. // European Journal of Nutrition;Feb2010, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p45
Lutein is a carotenoid that may play a role in eye health. Human milk typically contains higher concentrations of lutein than infant formula. Preliminary data suggest there are differences in serum lutein concentrations between breastfed and formula-fed infants. To measure the serum lutein...
- Lutein, the Natural Protector. Semes, Leo // Review of Optometry;8/15/2009, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p46
The article provides information on the natural eye protector called Lutein which possess anti-oxidant properties that can battle against eye disease such as the age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It states that lutein can reach the macula through intestinal absorption in the blood stream...
- Vitreoscilla hemoglobin gene ( vgb) improves lutein production in Chlorella vulgaris. Ma, Ruijuan; Lin, Xiangzhi // Chinese Journal of Oceanology & Limnology;Mar2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p390
Vitreoscilla hemoglobin is an oxygen-binding protein that promotes oxygen delivery and reduces oxygen consumption under low oxygen conditions to increase the efficiency of cell respiration and metabolism. In this study, we introduced a Vitreoscilla hemoglobin gene ( vgb) into Chlorella vulgaris...
- Clearing the way to implantation. Adashi, Eli Y.; Fukuda, Minoru // Journal of Clinical Investigation;1/15/2002, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p169
Comments on the article 'Regulation of lutropin circulatory half-life by the mannose/N-acetylgalactosamine-4-SO[sub 4] receptor is critical for implantation in vivo,' by Yiling Mi, Steven D.Shapiro and Jacques U. Baenziger. Information on the Man/GalNAc-4-SO[sub 4] receptor and the pulsatile...
- Regulation of lutropin circulartory half-life by the mannose/N-acetylgalactosamine-4-SO4 receptor is critical for implantation in vivo. Mi, Yiling; Shapiro, Steven D.; Baenziger, Jacques U. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;1/15/2002, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p269
Presents a study that investigated the regulation of lutropin circulatory half-life by the mannose/N-acetylgalactosamine-4-SO[sub 4] receptor critical for implantation in vivo. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Rescue IVF and coasting with the use of a GnRH antagonist after ovulation induction. Fatemi, Human Mousavi; Platteau, Peter; Albano, Carola; Van Steirteghem, Andre; Devroey, Paul // Reproductive BioMedicine Online;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p273
Presents a case report of a patient with a high risk of developing ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) and rising luteinizing hormone following ovulation induction with a low-dose step-up protocol using gonatrophins. Case report; Discussion.
- Mechanisms leading to hypogonadism in men with burns injuries. Semple, C.G.; Robertson, W.R.; Mitchell, R.; Gordon, D.; Gray, C.E.; Beastall, G.H.; Reid, W.H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/15/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6595, p403
Examines the depression of serum testosterone concentrations in men with burns injuries. Discovery of pulsatile release of luteinizing hormone; Correlation between the release of luteinizing hormone and the amount of testosterone concentrations; Detection of normal concentrations of luteinizing...
- Ovulation side and occurrence of mittelschmerz in spontaneous and induced ovarian cycles. Marinho, A.O.; Sallam, H.N.; Goessens, L.; Collins, W.P.; Campbell, S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/27/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6316, p632
Investigates the occurrence of alternate ovulation in the two ovaries. Determination of the site of mittelschmerz related to the side of follicular rupture; Speculation on the causes of mittelschmerz; Role of the luteinizing hormone.