- Chechnya goes to polls today as Moscow hopes for disarray. Ford, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p6
Presents information on the presidential elections in Chechnya, focusing on the importance of these elections. Why the elections are important; Comments from mayor of the regional capital, Shali, Zaur Najayev; Views of the president of the local electoral commission; Names of the presidential...
- Leader Biography. // Maldives Country Review;2009, p31
The article reports on the condition of presidential elections in Maldives on October 4, 2008.
- A voter's view. Eskin, L. // Scholastic Update;1/29/88, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p20
How voters interact with the electoral process in caucus states, primary states, at the National Party Conventions, in the general election. The role of the electoral college.
- The race for the White House. Adler, P. // Scholastic Update;2/7/92, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p3
Explains the two-part process of the American electoral system. Primaries a nd caucuses; General election; Key players; How a winner is declared victorious.
- Election Countdown. // Junior Scholastic;9/6/2004, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the presidential elections in the U.S.
- Campaign Countdown: Road to the White House. // Junior Scholastic;9/29/2008 Supplement, p3
A quiz concerning the follow-up steps of the 2008 presidential election in the U.S. is presented.
- Serbian Election, Take Three. Stojkovic, Dragan // Transitions Online;10/21/2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of the Serbian Election Commission on October 14, 2002 to hold a third presidential election in the Yugoslavian region. Reason behind the decision; Claims of the Democratic Party of Serbia regarding anomalies in the second election; Recommendations on selecting a...
- No Presidential Pulse. Stojkovic, Dragan // Transitions Online;12/16/2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the failure of the presidential election in Serbia on December 8, 2002. Reason behind the failure of the election; Details on the presidential candidates; Information on the election campaign of the candidates.
- The first cut. Klein, J. // New York;2/8/88, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p32
Finally, after almost two years of campaign speeches, some people are going to vote for a Presidential candidate. But a week before the primary, Iowa doesn't even seem close to making up its mind. Among the Democrats, there's confusion. On the Republican side, Bob Dole is leading George Bush,...
- The `recent unpleasantness' in New York and.. // America;5/7/1988, Vol. 158 Issue 18, p469
Editorial. Explanation of the phrase `recent unpleasantness' in the context of the recent New York Democratic party primary. Mayor Koch's controversial statements and positions on the candidacy of Reverend Jesse Jackson for the Democratic Presidential nomination. Koch's remarks and Jackson's...