Thomas Nelson Q2 Revenues Dips 3%; Company Mulls Acquisitions
- Solid Gains at Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;11/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 46, p14
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. in 2003. Rise in the total sales and net income of the company in the second quarter ended September 30; Reaction of company Chairman Sam Moore on the company's sales in the general book market; Weak spots of the...
- Nelson Looking to Acquisitions for Growth. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p10
Reports on the plan of publishing company Thomas Nelson to acquire small publishers in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Earnings and revenue of the company as of the first quarter that ended on June 30, 2003; Increase in the operating income of Thomas Nelson; Views of Thomas Nelson CEO Sam Moore...
- Thomas Nelson Posts 3Q Gains. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p1
Thomas Nelson Inc.'s effort to phase out unprofitable titles while building new business lines resulted in improved results for the publisher's third quarter ended December 31. Nelson's sales rose 4% to $56 million for the quarter, while its net income climbed 59% to $3.9 million. Company...
- Sales, Earnings Fall at Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p80
Provides information on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson. Decline in the company's sales in December 1999; Factors which contributed to the decreased sales; Remarks from Company Chairman Sam Moore; Percentage of stake acquired by the company in New Life Treatment Centers.
- There's No Doubting Thomas. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;2/27/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 9, p5
This article reports on issues surrounding the privatization of Thomas Nelson, a religious publisher in Nashville, Tennessee, as of February 2006. Instead of simply switching from one publicly traded conglomerate to another, Nelson will now become an investment of InterMedia Partners, a private...
- Thomas Nelson Revenues Up 13% In Q3, Conference Biz Grows. // Book Publishing Report;2/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance of religious publisher Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the third quarter of fiscal 2005 in the U.S. Growth in revenues and net income; Function of Christian conferences organized as sales channel for its products; Remarks of company CEO Sam Moore regarding...
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- Flat Year for Thomas Nelson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the year ended March 31, 2000. Total revenue generated in the year; Net income in fiscal 2000; Impact of the restructuring of the company's gift division.
- Axel Springer profits rise. Kirschbaum, Erik // Daily Variety;3/8/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 49, p5
The article focuses on the financial performance of Axel Springer AG, the Germany-based publishing company. The company forecasts higher earnings and profits for the year 2007, that, the company argues, can further be raised through investment in the Internet business, with decrease in newspaper...