Maryland County Eyes Sale, Considers New Bond Authority
- With Interest Rates Too Good to Pass Up, Tucson Opts to Retire Debt. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p35
Reports the sale of general obligation and water system revenue bonds by Tucson in Dallas, Texas. Decision to opt outstanding debt; Issuance of water system refunding revenue bonds and general obligation refunding bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vekshin, Alison; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p39
Reports bonds development as of June 2002 in the U.S. Payment on annual debt service by the New Haven Coliseum Authority; Plan of Delaware Health Facilities Authority to issue tax-exempt revenue bonds; Indicators of the decreasing revenues of New York City.
- IIIinois Lifts Debt Capacity. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;1/19/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33452, p1
The article reports on the raising of the bonding capacity for the capital projects of the lawmakers of Chicago, Illinois. It mentions that lawmakers lifted the capacity by 5 billion U.S. dollars and has required underwriters to reveal their credit-default swap positions on state debt. It also...
- ET ALIA. // Bar Bulletin of the Maryland State Bar Association;4/15/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p18
The article announces that Jim Mathias was named a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Anne Coventry as partner at Pasternak & Fidis, P.C., and Jeff Gordon added as principal of the Miles & Stockbridge, P.C.
- Taking Out Risk and Cost and Building Value For Manufacturers and Distributors. // InsideCounsel;Sep2012, preceding p26
The article highlights the services offered by U.S.-based law firm Miles & Stockbridge. It details how Miles & Stockbridge can help companies keep their products and services moving through regulatory risk management and improve their operations through design and manufacturing process safety...
- Designing your law office to save money and boost productivity -- without sacrificing style. Davis, Jenny B. // ABA Journal;Jul2014, p1
The article evaluates the architectural design of several law firms including Miles & Stockbridge's Washington, D.C. office designed by OPX , Morrison & Foerster office designed by archiect Barbara Dunn of Gensler and Proskauer Rose's Times Square offices designed by architect Julia Simet.
- Closure of Oklahoma Jail Could Spell Default for County. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32037, p5
The article discusses problems with a proposed solution to Grady County, Oklahoma's difficulties in meeting debt service on revenue bonds that built a jail. The problems have resulted in the facility being closed and created uncertainty over future debt service payments. Grady County jail...
- Refunding Bonanza Drives Up Issuance While New Money Seems a Solid Bet in '04. DeSue, Tedra; Newman, Emily; Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p48
Focuses on the debt issuance in the Southeast. Increase in debt issuance; Increment in debt refundings; Amount of revenue bonds sold in Memphis.
- Albuquerque to Sell $47 Million in Venture to Construct Sports Arena. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p6
Reports on the plans to build a sports and entertainment arena using lease revenue bonds in Albuquerque, Mexico. Value of the bond packages to finance the project; Creation of a nonprofit corporation as the issuer of the tax-exempt debt; Need for the City Council to approve the purchase of land...